Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need help ripping some models from Ghost Squad (Wii)
Question 
Recently i'm interested in ripping some models (mostly characters) from the game Ghost Squad for Nintendo Wii. Since i'm new to model ripping by extracting game files, i can only dump models that are in native .BRRES file format or known compressed formats. But when i extracting game files from Ghost Squad, the files that i suspected to be model files seem to be compressed in a custom format (such as .gos, .gvr,...) that i don't know, so basically i'm stuck. Now i can deals with the textures by using Dolphin Emulator to dumping them, but i need some help to decompress the format and dump the models.

Here is the link to the zip file containing the 2 folders that i think is model files (chara which i think contains the character models and maybe other stuffs and mdl which i think contains every other models or maybe even contains the character models as well)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LODaOZi...sp=sharing

P/S: Sorry for the multiple grammar mistakes that i made in this post, i still learning English here and there and thank you in advance for helping me.
Thanked by:
The model files are .GNO and GOS.
You can try opening it the . GNO with the plugin to import SEGA models into 3ds Max found here.
You can also try opening it with the Blender plugin found here.
There is also xno2dae which can also convert .gno files to .dae, you can find xno2dae here.

A tutorial that may be useful to you.

As for the .GOS files, you must delete the first 60 bytes of the file with a Hex editor, you must delete it even before the NGIF and then rename the .GOS file to .GNO in order to open it with the aforementioned programs.
Unfortunately I don't know how to open the textures.
Thanked by: PlsSendHelp
(05-24-2022, 01:57 PM)Tuliopilloto Wrote: The model files are .GNO and GOS.
You can try opening it the . GNO with the plugin to import SEGA models into 3ds Max found here.
There is also xno2dae which can also convert .gno files to .dae, you can find xno2dae here.

As for the .GOS files, you must delete the first 60 bytes of the file with a Hex editor, you must delete it even before the NGIF and then rename the .GOS file to .GNO in order to open it with the aforementioned programs.

Thank you so much for the reply. As for the textures, now that i can open the model files now, i might try importing the textures that i dumped using Dolphin Emulator and see if it works. Smile
EDIT: I just found out that in some of the .GOS models, you must delete everything before the first "NGIF" line in the hex editor to make the model works
Thanked by:
(05-24-2022, 01:57 PM)Tuliopilloto Wrote: The model files are .GNO and GOS.

UPDATE: Just found out that some of the textures are in .gvr formart contained in .gts files (while most of them already are in .gvr format and can open with PuyoTools), now how i can convert it to (mulitple) .gvr format files because after i check the .gts files with a hex editor, i found out that they are multiple textures combined into 1 .gts file.
Thanked by:
Wrote a .gos / gts unpacker and added support for Ghost Squad (Wii)
https://github.com/Argx2121/Sega_NN_tools
please download as zip, latest release doesn't have these changes

let me know if there are any issues by telling me in the discord server or posting it in the github bug tracker
thank youuuuu
Thanked by: