Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Copying files from a Saturn disc
There are certain types of files I simply can't copy from a Saturn game, in this particular case, an .SFD file from NiGHTS Into Dreams... I tried copying from a .BIN/.CUE combo mounted to a virtual drive, as well as from the actual disc itself, but I get the error "Invalid MS-DOS function." I assume this is due to the fact that it's a Mixed Mode CD, meaning it has a couple of data tracks containing the actual game files as well as several actual Redbook/CD Audio tracks containing the majority of the game's background music.

I can copy any other file type, including .PRS, .CPK, .TSK, .TXT and .ADP, as well as "0NIGHTS," which has no extension, but not .SFD. Why not?
Thanked by:
Did you try extract them using CD Mage or ISO Buster? These programs will handle mixed mode CD data correctly.

For multi-track redump image, open the *.cue instead of "Track 1.bin". CD Mage will convert all CD audio tracks into *.wav files when extracting.

Good luck!
- Rufas

P.S. "0NIGHTS" is the main executable file. Saturn, like MS-DOS, will autorun the first file on the disk. *.cpk are the movie files.
Thanked by: