Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[TUTORIAL] Convert Wii BRSEQ files to WAV
Some BRSAR sound files do not contain full music tracks. Instead, they contain many sound files as well as a BRSEQ file. A BRSEQ file is like a MIDI file. I came across this realization when I was trying to extract background music from Family Go-Kart Racing. This might not work for you but here is what I did:

Software Used (Windows Only):
  1. ShowMiiWads 1.4 (MIRROR)
  2. VGMTrans
  3. FluidSynth
Extracted the files from the Family Go-Kart Racing.WAD using ShowMiiWads 1.4 (How to extract Wii WADs)
Extracted the files from 00000005.app, this file contains all of the assets used in a WAD.
Located the okiraku.brsar file and imported it into VGMTrans.
Extracted the MIDI and SoundFont files for every track.
[Image: tracks.png]
Used FluidSynth to convert the MIDI + SoundFont to a WAV file using this command: "fluidsynth.exe" -ni "soundfount.sf2" "midi.mid" -F "output.wav" -r 44100 Some of the MIDI files didn't work and I have no idea why.
Hopefully, this works for you. If I didn't explain anything properly then please PM me so I can fix it. If you have any issues then don't be afraid to PM me! Big Grin
Thanked by: DogToon64
How exactly do I use that command? When I type it in it says "Unknown command: fluidsynth.exe (try help)" Any suggestions? Thanks
Thanked by: