The VG Resource

Full Version: [TUTORIAL] Convert Wii BRSEQ files to WAV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some BRSAR sound files do not contain full music tracks. Instead, they contain many sound files as well as a BRSEQ file. A BRSEQ file is like a MIDI file. I came across this realization when I was trying to extract background music from Family Go-Kart Racing. This might not work for you but here is what I did:

Software Used (Windows Only):
  1. ShowMiiWads 1.4 (MIRROR)
  2. VGMTrans
  3. FluidSynth
Extracted the files from the Family Go-Kart Racing.WAD using ShowMiiWads 1.4 (How to extract Wii WADs)
Extracted the files from 00000005.app, this file contains all of the assets used in a WAD.
Located the okiraku.brsar file and imported it into VGMTrans.
Extracted the MIDI and SoundFont files for every track.
[Image: tracks.png]
Used FluidSynth to convert the MIDI + SoundFont to a WAV file using this command: "fluidsynth.exe" -ni "soundfount.sf2" "midi.mid" -F "output.wav" -r 44100 Some of the MIDI files didn't work and I have no idea why.
Hopefully, this works for you. If I didn't explain anything properly then please PM me so I can fix it. If you have any issues then don't be afraid to PM me! Big Grin
How exactly do I use that command? When I type it in it says "Unknown command: fluidsynth.exe (try help)" Any suggestions? Thanks