Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Is it wrong or right?
[Image: hjkhki.png]
I want to know what is wrong with sprites if it is pixel art or location.
Thanked by:
The back looks weird. If this is supposed to be Super Mario World style (not that it's consistent, but I digress), there are already two really good examples officially already that you can reference.
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by:
These sprites look good, but the problems I see are this:

- The eyes are just blue, maybe you could try to add some black pupils to make his eyes look better.
- The hair on the front and back sides doesn't look right

You could try observing this 3D model for Larry Koopa: https://www.models-resource.com/wii/news...odel/2244/
Hopefully, it'll give you a reference and idea on some better sprites for his front and back sides.

Also, I like the idea for this sheet too, Larry's my second favorite koopaling and I'm glad to see people are making sprites for them :)
Thanked by:
(07-02-2020, 08:32 AM)DogToon64 Wrote: These sprites look good, but the problems I see are this:

- The eyes are just blue, maybe you could try to add some black pupils to make his eyes look better.
- The hair on the front and back sides doesn't look right

You could try observing this 3D model for Larry Koopa: https://www.models-resource.com/wii/news...odel/2244/
Hopefully, it'll give you a reference and idea on some better sprites for his front and back sides.

Also, I like the idea for this sheet too, Larry's my second favorite koopaling and I'm glad to see people are making sprites for them Smile
I tried it and there was nothing wrong Thumbs Up , I really liked your problem solving but I was already satisfied with the one from before so it stays like this. I am a beginner in this sprite but I can improve with time. Tongue
Thanked by:
(07-02-2020, 02:11 PM)JosueCr4ft Wrote: I tried it and there was nothing wrong Thumbs Up , I really liked your problem solving but I was already satisfied with the one from before so it stays like this. I am a beginner in this sprite but I can improve with time. Tongue

Well that's no good. Beginner or not, make effort with the suggestions people give you when they critique your work.

Like so:

(07-02-2020, 02:43 AM)SmithyGCN Wrote: The back looks weird. If this is supposed to be Super Mario World style (not that it's consistent, but I digress), there are already two really good examples officially already that you can reference.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: Gors, Gors, Gors
I agree with Observer. If you were going to go ahead with the way it is now, why did you ask for critique?
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by: Paraemon, Gors, Gors, Gors