Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Opening a pac file from Sonic Lost World (Wii U version)?
Hello ^^

I managed to extract the cpk files and get the pac files in Sonic Lost World's Wii U version.

The problem is that I can't extract the pac files themselves to get the models and textures.

I tried the pacpack.exe in the folders of sonicglvl-lostworld and libgens-sonicglvl, but it doesn't work. It cease to function.
What I did is drag and drop the file on pacpack.

It's the same when I try to open a pac.00 or a pac.01 file, using the same method as the pac file.

I tried to look for a solution, but I found nothing.

Can someone help me, please? ^^
Thanked by:
Hello ^^

I made some progress after a bit of research Big Grin

After extracting the .cpk using quickbms and the cpk's script, I got the .pac files, but I couldn't extract them with the pacpac from the main version of libgens-sonicglvl, I used the version for Wii U there : https://github.com/slashiee/libgens-sonicglvl/tree/WiiU.

It worked when using the pacpac-WiiU, but the problem is that the .dds files can't be opened...

Is there a way around that?

In fact, my goal is to extract the models from the Zelda dlc ^^
Thanked by:
for the .dds files, try to open these with the Switch toolbox or convert those with Texconv. maybe that should solve your problem
Don't you ever dare do any harms toward Marisa, or else this is how it'll goes, god or not!
[Image: __hakurei_reimu_kirisame_marisa_matara_o...d88a8d.jpg]
Thanked by: Risa
Thanks for your help, @rveyrand ^^

It worked Big Grin

I found the texconv2 tool, but when I tried to open the .dds with it, I got this message:Error loading DDS file. Exiting.

So I attempted to open it with switch toobox and it worked like a charm Big Grin
Thanked by: