The VG Resource

Full Version: Opening a pac file from Sonic Lost World (Wii U version)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello ^^

I managed to extract the cpk files and get the pac files in Sonic Lost World's Wii U version.

The problem is that I can't extract the pac files themselves to get the models and textures.

I tried the pacpack.exe in the folders of sonicglvl-lostworld and libgens-sonicglvl, but it doesn't work. It cease to function.
What I did is drag and drop the file on pacpack.

It's the same when I try to open a pac.00 or a pac.01 file, using the same method as the pac file.

I tried to look for a solution, but I found nothing.

Can someone help me, please? ^^
Hello ^^

I made some progress after a bit of research Big Grin

After extracting the .cpk using quickbms and the cpk's script, I got the .pac files, but I couldn't extract them with the pacpac from the main version of libgens-sonicglvl, I used the version for Wii U there : https://github.com/slashiee/libgens-sonicglvl/tree/WiiU.

It worked when using the pacpac-WiiU, but the problem is that the .dds files can't be opened...

Is there a way around that?

In fact, my goal is to extract the models from the Zelda dlc ^^
for the .dds files, try to open these with the Switch toolbox or convert those with Texconv. maybe that should solve your problem
Thanks for your help, @rveyrand ^^

It worked Big Grin

I found the texconv2 tool, but when I tried to open the .dds with it, I got this message:Error loading DDS file. Exiting.

So I attempted to open it with switch toobox and it worked like a charm Big Grin