Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Killface Detective Sprites
Big Grin 
I'm new here and working on the art for a game that I'll eventually finish. All I have so far is the main character, homicide detective Frank O'Neal.
[Image: DetectiveFrank-1.png]
The one on the left has a slightly different shoulder. Any suggestions for improvement?
Thanked by:
Make the bottom part of the head black and for the hands try to define more the finger with a darker shade of the color or even black.
My opinion is that the best one is the right one.
Thanked by:
[Image: DetectiveFrank-2.png]
Not sure what you meant about black at the bottom of the head, but I fixed the hand and edited the head so he's actually facing to the right.

I have another thing. A 10 frame running. Ignore some of the jumpy lines and shading and let me know about the animation itself: [Image: 10Run.gif]
Thanked by:
His hair appears to be plastered to his head.
Interesting.
Make it separate at least a little.

Nothing more or less useless than imagining that there is more to be done. Recall: no matter what is new there will always be these hands and these sandwiches. The enlightenment came and went and sliced bread was our creation— the best to be had. There can be no avenues of intellectual discord. We will always fold our food and put it into our mouths, long after our bodies forget what to do with it.
Thanked by:
The sprite is good but what I meant, when I said black at the bottom is this.
If you stand in front of a mirror and the sun is directly on your top left you will see that right below your neck there's a black shade covering part of your neck. Try spriting that effect on your sprite.

------------------

Animation:
The animation is good but try fixing how the shade of the shoes change when his running and make it a bit faster and less jumpy.

Hope this helps you in some way.
Thanked by: