The VG Resource

Full Version: Killface Detective Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new here and working on the art for a game that I'll eventually finish. All I have so far is the main character, homicide detective Frank O'Neal.
[Image: DetectiveFrank-1.png]
The one on the left has a slightly different shoulder. Any suggestions for improvement?
Make the bottom part of the head black and for the hands try to define more the finger with a darker shade of the color or even black.
My opinion is that the best one is the right one.
[Image: DetectiveFrank-2.png]
Not sure what you meant about black at the bottom of the head, but I fixed the hand and edited the head so he's actually facing to the right.

I have another thing. A 10 frame running. Ignore some of the jumpy lines and shading and let me know about the animation itself: [Image: 10Run.gif]
His hair appears to be plastered to his head.
Interesting.
Make it separate at least a little.
The sprite is good but what I meant, when I said black at the bottom is this.
If you stand in front of a mirror and the sun is directly on your top left you will see that right below your neck there's a black shade covering part of your neck. Try spriting that effect on your sprite.

------------------

Animation:
The animation is good but try fixing how the shade of the shoes change when his running and make it a bit faster and less jumpy.

Hope this helps you in some way.