Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SOMETHING ON A ROCK
ive been doing some pixel art since the time that TSR was down, i think this one is the best one i made till now

[Image: SolspearPixelArtFinish.png]

C+C please
Thanked by:
Well... there's a bit to be fixed. First off, you're shading isn't very well done. It looks like it has an all around lightsource, like , you know, a lesser form of pillowshading because you only used one other color. We only have 1 sun. Not 2. It can't come from both sides as you're showing. Anyway, The lineart bugs me a bit too on a couple things. The shorts and shoes, and the socks are just rectangles. Socks curve around you're ankles. Well, I'd improve those first and then see how it looks.
Thanked by:
ahh, okay Tongue but i have a question, if you were to make it like in a studio, where the lightsource isn't the sun but lights, and if there are 2 lights, then it would work, right?

(since he sites on a rock, it has to be outdoor, so its a sun, but its only a question Tongue)
Thanked by:
Well in some rare casses pillowshadeing will be okay but its not recommended like if your light source is a camp fire the you will need to pillow shade but if its not should be just one light source it would look much better.
Thanked by:
No, you pillowshade the FIRE, and most times people don't even do that. But no, because pillowshading is liike... all around shading. I dunno, hard to explain but it looks ugly.
Thanked by:
You don't pillowshade fire, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's an effect. If you pillowshade an effect, it doesn't look like an effect.
Thanked by:
uhmm.... with a fire, the lightest colour comes from within, right? so that makes it pillow, or am i wrong? but then again, that isn't shading, thats the fire's natural colour.... *confused*
Thanked by:
Fire is NOT pillow. Ever. It's an effect. You shade it like an effect, not like a person. Effects generally don't have light sources, just points where the light is brighter.
Thanked by:
Pretty much the point is never ever pillow shade. Make a light source and shade from there.
Thanked by: