The VG Resource

Full Version: SOMETHING ON A ROCK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ive been doing some pixel art since the time that TSR was down, i think this one is the best one i made till now

[Image: SolspearPixelArtFinish.png]

C+C please
Well... there's a bit to be fixed. First off, you're shading isn't very well done. It looks like it has an all around lightsource, like , you know, a lesser form of pillowshading because you only used one other color. We only have 1 sun. Not 2. It can't come from both sides as you're showing. Anyway, The lineart bugs me a bit too on a couple things. The shorts and shoes, and the socks are just rectangles. Socks curve around you're ankles. Well, I'd improve those first and then see how it looks.
ahh, okay Tongue but i have a question, if you were to make it like in a studio, where the lightsource isn't the sun but lights, and if there are 2 lights, then it would work, right?

(since he sites on a rock, it has to be outdoor, so its a sun, but its only a question Tongue)
Well in some rare casses pillowshadeing will be okay but its not recommended like if your light source is a camp fire the you will need to pillow shade but if its not should be just one light source it would look much better.
No, you pillowshade the FIRE, and most times people don't even do that. But no, because pillowshading is liike... all around shading. I dunno, hard to explain but it looks ugly.
You don't pillowshade fire, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's an effect. If you pillowshade an effect, it doesn't look like an effect.
uhmm.... with a fire, the lightest colour comes from within, right? so that makes it pillow, or am i wrong? but then again, that isn't shading, thats the fire's natural colour.... *confused*
Fire is NOT pillow. Ever. It's an effect. You shade it like an effect, not like a person. Effects generally don't have light sources, just points where the light is brighter.
Pretty much the point is never ever pillow shade. Make a light source and shade from there.