Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bob-Omb NSMB DS rip
Question 
This is the first model I ever rip! I submitted it in December 6th, but I didn't see any progress of submissions. 

Also, in solid mode, its a shape of a diamond instead of circle, but in forms of Materials, it shows alpha and strange textures.

.zip   DS DSI - New Super Mario Bros. - Bob-Omb.zip (Size: 14.69 KB / Downloads: 9) Here's the funny model I rip.  Smile
Thanked by:
In order to save polygons, the main body of the Bob-Omb is a textured circle on a one-sided square that always faces the camera. The same principle was used in Super Mario 64, but for a LOT of enemies. That's why so many enemies use 'spheres' in that game.
(12-31-2016, 06:57 PM)Tiberious Wrote: In order to save polygons, the main body of the Bob-Omb is a textured circle on a one-sided square that always faces the camera. The same principle was used in Super Mario 64, but for a LOT of enemies. That's why so many enemies use 'spheres' in that game.

Ooooh.. Is there a way to do that "always faces the camera" in 3D Blender with modifications? I don't know if it's off-topic.
Thanked by:
You haven't seen any progress on submissions, nor will you for awhile, as there are 850+ models waiting since OCTOBER to be checked. There's only four people checking it, and we're also quite busy in real life, so it's very hard for us to gain a decent amount of time to do so. Considering, we have people who constantly submit each day (and don't get me wrong I love it) which also attributes to the amount in the queue. No worries, we'll get around to it. Have patience Smile.
[Image: sig.gif]

Thanked by: