Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
RoboCop vs The Terminator (Genesis)
Hi all.  I'm working to rip the sprites and backgrounds from the Genesis version of RoboCop vs. The Terminator.  I feel this was the best version of the game and the best RoboCop sprite of all.  I have not been able to find it so I decided to learn how to rip and do it myself.

Here's what we've got so far:

Parallax Backgrounds:

Opening Screen
Opening Screen
Training Level / Streets of Detroit
Training Level / Streets of Detroit

Delta City Under Construction
Delta City Under Construction

The Toxic Farm
The Toxic Farm

OCP Headquarters
OCP Headquarters

Sprites:

Playable Characters:
RoboCop
RoboCop

Corrected sprite ensuring Robo always has his gun in his right hand:
RoboCop - Custom Corrected Right Stance
RoboCop - Custom Corrected Right Stance

Bosses:
The Terminator
The Terminator

ED-209
ED-209
RoboCain
RoboCain
[Image: 5hNN8IX.gif]
Thanked by: Neon Streak, sutinoer
Welcome! These look really good Smile To submit them to the site, you can follow the instructions here.

Hope to see more stuff!
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Nice rips, are both walk cycles and the stance sprites identical to each other and just mirrored or are there differences?
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
(07-31-2016, 05:22 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Welcome! These look really good Smile To submit them to the site, you can follow the instructions here.

Hope to see more stuff!
Thank you for the link!

(07-31-2016, 07:52 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: Nice rips, are both walk cycles and the stance sprites identical to each other and just mirrored or are there differences?
They are mirrored but I am working on a variant where he is always holding his gun with his right hand.
Thanked by:
(07-31-2016, 03:34 AM)RoboWags Wrote: Hi all.  I'm working to rip the sprites and backgrounds from the Genesis version of RoboCop vs. The Terminator.  I feel this was the best version of the game and the best RoboCop sprite of all.  I have not been able to find it so I decided to learn how to rip and do it myself.

Here's what we've got so far:

Parallax Backgrounds:

Opening Screen:
[Image: 1ip2yLB.png]

Continue Screen:
[Image: iGqVCDe.png]

Practice Level/Streets of Detroit:
[Image: POZSoyW.png]

Construction Site:
[Image: E5Ac69O.png]

The Toxic Farm:
[Image: FVF69dj.png]

OCP Headquarters:
[Image: KxcKKd7.png]

Sprites:

Playable Character - RoboCop:
[Image: F7CrslN.png]
Thank you. Thank you for taking the time to actually rip sprites from this game! I actually tried doing it myself about a year ago, but the graphics in the ROM were a big mess. Ded
Again I say, thank you.  Big Grin
I don't usually watch shows for little girls, but when I do, it's My Little Pony.Cool
Stay pony, my friends...
Thanked by:
(07-31-2016, 02:52 PM)Neon Streak Wrote: Thank you. Thank you for taking the time to actually rip sprites from this game! I actually tried doing it myself about a year ago, but the graphics in the ROM were a big mess. Ded
Again I say, thank you.  Big Grin
Its still a long road ahead to complete the rip but I'm glad I could help.
Thanked by:
I fixed the right facing sprites for Robo so now his gun is always in his right hand:
[Image: 2JoaQU5.png]
Thanked by:
Looks way better =)

What I noticed:
- Is the gun twirl always the same, no matter if you're facing right or left?
- And what about him on the rope (gun direction)?
- Does the line in his death animation (first frame) appear ingame or is it a mistake?
- Are you going to do the other weapons too?
Thanked by:
(07-31-2016, 05:38 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: - Is the gun twirl always the same, no matter if you're facing right or left?
Yes.

(07-31-2016, 05:38 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: - And what about him on the rope (gun direction)?
Good point. I missed that one.

(07-31-2016, 05:38 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: - Does the line in his death animation (first frame) appear ingame or is it a mistake?
That was a mistake which I've corrected.

(07-31-2016, 05:38 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: - Are you going to do the other weapons too?
Yes. I plan to make a separate file with those variants.
Thanked by:
Mh, now I noticed a smaller line in the second sprite of the death animation. And I guess the up direction also has extra frames for the other direction?
Thanked by:
Yes I noticed that too. The up direction has the added right facing correction with his gun in his right hand.

I've updated the 1st post to reflect changes.
Thanked by:
I've added the Terminator, ED-209 and RoboCain to the mix!
The Terminator
The Terminator

ED-209
ED-209
RoboCain
RoboCain
Thanked by: sutinoer, Ton
Nice rips! Big Grin
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: