The VG Resource

Full Version: RoboCop vs The Terminator (Genesis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.  I'm working to rip the sprites and backgrounds from the Genesis version of RoboCop vs. The Terminator.  I feel this was the best version of the game and the best RoboCop sprite of all.  I have not been able to find it so I decided to learn how to rip and do it myself.

Here's what we've got so far:

Parallax Backgrounds:

Opening Screen
Opening Screen
Training Level / Streets of Detroit
Training Level / Streets of Detroit

Delta City Under Construction
Delta City Under Construction

The Toxic Farm
The Toxic Farm

OCP Headquarters
OCP Headquarters

Sprites:

Playable Characters:
RoboCop
RoboCop

Corrected sprite ensuring Robo always has his gun in his right hand:
RoboCop - Custom Corrected Right Stance
RoboCop - Custom Corrected Right Stance

Bosses:
The Terminator
The Terminator

ED-209
ED-209
RoboCain
RoboCain
Welcome! These look really good Smile To submit them to the site, you can follow the instructions here.

Hope to see more stuff!
Nice rips, are both walk cycles and the stance sprites identical to each other and just mirrored or are there differences?
(07-31-2016, 05:22 AM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome! These look really good Smile To submit them to the site, you can follow the instructions here.

Hope to see more stuff!
Thank you for the link!

(07-31-2016, 07:52 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]Nice rips, are both walk cycles and the stance sprites identical to each other and just mirrored or are there differences?
They are mirrored but I am working on a variant where he is always holding his gun with his right hand.
(07-31-2016, 03:34 AM)RoboWags Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all.  I'm working to rip the sprites and backgrounds from the Genesis version of RoboCop vs. The Terminator.  I feel this was the best version of the game and the best RoboCop sprite of all.  I have not been able to find it so I decided to learn how to rip and do it myself.

Here's what we've got so far:

Parallax Backgrounds:

Opening Screen:
[Image: 1ip2yLB.png]

Continue Screen:
[Image: iGqVCDe.png]

Practice Level/Streets of Detroit:
[Image: POZSoyW.png]

Construction Site:
[Image: E5Ac69O.png]

The Toxic Farm:
[Image: FVF69dj.png]

OCP Headquarters:
[Image: KxcKKd7.png]

Sprites:

Playable Character - RoboCop:
[Image: F7CrslN.png]
Thank you. Thank you for taking the time to actually rip sprites from this game! I actually tried doing it myself about a year ago, but the graphics in the ROM were a big mess. Ded
Again I say, thank you.  Big Grin
(07-31-2016, 02:52 PM)Neon Streak Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. Thank you for taking the time to actually rip sprites from this game! I actually tried doing it myself about a year ago, but the graphics in the ROM were a big mess. Ded
Again I say, thank you.  Big Grin
Its still a long road ahead to complete the rip but I'm glad I could help.
I fixed the right facing sprites for Robo so now his gun is always in his right hand:
[Image: 2JoaQU5.png]
Looks way better =)

What I noticed:
- Is the gun twirl always the same, no matter if you're facing right or left?
- And what about him on the rope (gun direction)?
- Does the line in his death animation (first frame) appear ingame or is it a mistake?
- Are you going to do the other weapons too?
(07-31-2016, 05:38 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]- Is the gun twirl always the same, no matter if you're facing right or left?
Yes.

(07-31-2016, 05:38 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]- And what about him on the rope (gun direction)?
Good point. I missed that one.

(07-31-2016, 05:38 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]- Does the line in his death animation (first frame) appear ingame or is it a mistake?
That was a mistake which I've corrected.

(07-31-2016, 05:38 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]- Are you going to do the other weapons too?
Yes. I plan to make a separate file with those variants.
Mh, now I noticed a smaller line in the second sprite of the death animation. And I guess the up direction also has extra frames for the other direction?
Yes I noticed that too. The up direction has the added right facing correction with his gun in his right hand.

I've updated the 1st post to reflect changes.
I've added the Terminator, ED-209 and RoboCain to the mix!
The Terminator
The Terminator

ED-209
ED-209
RoboCain
RoboCain
Nice rips! Big Grin