Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New Sonic BOOM game
Smile 
Have you all heard about the new Sonic BOOM video game that is coming out soon?
Well, I can't get the game because it needs to be played on a Nintendo 3DS, but I only have XBOX 360 and Nintendo DS.

That, and I can't afford to get either the 3DS or the 2DS
Thanked by:
please post actual game content here instead of just making one liner post.

i guess you're talking about Sonic Boom Fire and Ice, right?
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: psychospacecow
(11-27-2015, 06:17 PM)Gors Wrote: please post actual game content here instead of just making one liner post.

Right
Thanked by:
I really can't say I'm expecting anything good sonic boom wise, sonic is an exceptional level of bad now. Oh well.
Pretty much the only thing I can give it is the whole "wait till it releases to judge it" spill but I really doubt it would mean anything.
[Image: jcKgJbX.png]
Thanked by:
(11-28-2015, 03:10 PM)SEGA_Princess-Elizabeth Wrote:
(11-27-2015, 06:17 PM)Gors Wrote: please post actual game content here instead of just making one liner post.

Right

One word posts are even worse. >__>; It's in the forum's Universal Rules.

Quote:
  • 1.1: Content Requirements
    Single-word posts, short sentence posts, blankposting, and/or quoting a previous post with no additional content added by yourself are generally frowned upon. Don't just post to say "XD" or "lol". Doing this counts as spamming, which will result in a 30% warn and posting rights being revoked for 12 hours. Therefore, put something of at least SOME additional value to the current topic into your post that people might actually read, and not just scroll past.

That said, I'm actually kinda excited about Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice. I don't know about you guys, lol
Though honestly I think I'm gonna wait to see what fans and reviewers say about the game. To be honest, the Wii U Sonic Boom game was terrible, and that's where everyone gives the series flak - the 3DS game was actually decent (by Sanzaru, the developer who did most of the work on Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time iirc)
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Maxpphire, Gors
Even with a decent developer, it still sold like garbage alongside Rise of Lyric. To me, it looked boring, even for a Sonic game.
And what you unlocked for 100% completion is a crappy and pointless dance sequence that makes you go "WTF?".
Never bought either after seeing YouTube playthroughs, and reading about how big a glitch-fest RoL turned out to be.

I'm gonna be honest here, The season finale was lame. Shadow was just there acting like a stereotypical edgy character wanting to fight Sonic.
Yep, the same flat personality as the Boom games. And the fourth wall breaking jokes were just painful, even Deadpool would hate them.
Seriously, fourth wall jokes in anything lately have been lazy and cringeworthy. It's one of the reasons I hated the comic version of Boom.
The show itself suffers from a few problems. Like a Justin Beiber mockery episode that will make it very dated. Sometimes stiff animation.
And model, prop, and background recycling. Also don't like how they turned Knuckles into a muscled dumbass. That cliché has gotten old.
It just feels like a rehash of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, only cramped into 12 minute episodes with rushed plots.

We should be expecting something next year for the 25th anniversary. Like a new game yet to be announced, and other goodies.
And we kinda want to see a Taxman/Stealth remaster of Sonic 3 & Knuckles. But some are saying there's some legal shit going on.
All I can say we need confirmed information from Sega themselves about that. "Citation needed" would be the right words.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by:
So when are we going to get another good Sonic game like Generations or Colors?
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: eureka, recme
(11-29-2015, 06:51 PM)Uncle Drew Wrote: So when are we going to get another good Sonic game like Generations or Colors?

We already did it's called Sonic Lost World PC might as well be called DEFINITIVE EDITION.
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by:
I hope this one does well. I actually really like the Sonic Boom character designs. Its a shame the first game was such a broken mess, but it makes for quite the show at GDQ events.

That being said, I am a little bias.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
I'll be honest, MOST of the Sonic Boom character designs have grown on me. For Tails, Amy, and Knuckles specifically.

Sonic himself still looks like crap, though. And Eggman's weird jacket flap foldover still bothers me.
I really wish Knuckles wasn't turned into a doofus, because it's the same tired "muscled idiot" stereotype that everyone's getting sick of seeing.
They should've left out the stupidity and manchild traits, and kept the other ones. And also having him a bit of a badass.
Amy and Tails are fine to me as well, but it's sad that Kate Higgins got replaced with no explanation why. She was the best Tails around.
It's good that Cindy Robinson has made Amy's voice better. Now less like a bad Minnie Mouse impression, more like one of her anime roles.

Ditto that Sonic's design is crap. Blue arms is one nitpick, but his shoes don't seem to have the straps they usually have under the tape.
yeah, the tape around their arms and legs was a bit too much. It's as bad as Rob Liefeld drawing pouches all over his character's attire.
Seeing Eggman not overweight is a bit strange. He's called Eggman for his body shape, and the fact his birth name, Ivo, is ovi backwards.

The minor characters are pretty boring too. The "Grammar Nazi" beaver who's still wrong with his grammar and an irritating Droopy Dog voice.
Comedy Chimp (yeah, great name) and his lazily written jokes & puns. Goat lady who bleats through her dialog. Doesn't fit Sonic characters.
One character, Perci the Bandicoot, was very underused for both the game and show. She's one of the few popular characters, and that's sad.
Sticks doesn't have much character other than being a wild person whose crazy. The game even had her talk like Tarzan, but only in RoL.

Another problem with the show is when they reference memes, like "Don't taze me bro!" and a CSI Miami one-liner, which will make it dated.
It's like when Family Guy references (outdated and new) memes, and then ruining them at the same time.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
(12-01-2015, 02:02 AM)Dolphman Wrote: I really wish Knuckles wasn't turned into a doofus, because it's the same tired "muscled idiot" stereotype that everyone's getting sick of seeing.
They should've left out the stupidity and manchild traits, and kept the other ones. And also having him a bit of a badass.
Amy and Tails are fine to me as well, but it's sad that Kate Higgins got replaced with no explanation why. She was the best Tails around.
It's good that Cindy Robinson has made Amy's voice better. Now less like a bad Minnie Mouse impression, more like one of her anime roles.

Ditto that Sonic's design is crap. Blue arms is one nitpick, but his shoes don't seem to have the straps they usually have under the tape.
yeah, the tape around their arms and legs was a bit too much. It's as bad as Rob Liefeld drawing pouches all over his character's attire.
Seeing Eggman not overweight is a bit strange. He's called Eggman for his body shape, and the fact his birth name, Ivo, is ovi backwards.

The minor characters are pretty boring too. The "Grammar Nazi" beaver who's still wrong with his grammar and an irritating Droopy Dog voice.
Comedy Chimp (yeah, great name) and his lazily written jokes & puns. Goat lady who bleats through her dialog. Doesn't fit Sonic characters.
One character, Perci the Bandicoot, was very underused for both the game and show. She's one of the few popular characters, and that's sad.
Sticks doesn't have much character other than being a wild person whose crazy. The game even had her talk like Tarzan, but only in RoL.

Another problem with the show is when they reference memes, like "Don't taze me bro!" and a CSI Miami one-liner, which will make it dated.
It's like when Family Guy references (outdated and new) memes, and then ruining them at the same time.

I'm just going to keep saying it everywhere and here on the net: Archie Sonic series is the best rendition of Sonic they should really license a cartoon and game series exclusively regarding the comics. Then BOOM wouldn't feel so 'This is Sonic now' and I wish nothing but bad things for those who proposed Sonic BOOM.
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by:
I actually like Eggman's design in Boom. Too bad it's not Eggman anymore. I also like Knuckles's visual too. But his personality not so much..

I feel like if they were originally conceived like their Boom iterations, it would be the best possibility. But this is just my random opinion lol
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
I mean if sonic is going to do its usual pattern then Fire and Ice should at the very least be ok and rising on good, then they will probably come out with a really good sonic game, then crash and burn yet again.

I hope Fire and Ice is good.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
Eh, I'll just look forward to Game Grumps raging at it.
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by: