Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Darkgrievous and his rips
Figured I'd create my own thread for this, I do plan to become quite active here...
And I would appreciate some feedback

I'll put some more content later, it's currently roughly 3 hours past the bed time i specified for myself, and I'm gonna really be paying for that as-is...

so for now,
check-out the attached file.
There was a process involved getting there, I'll say that much.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
Well, LEGO Battles rips going quite nicely.

I've thrown the Age of War stuff to the back of my pile due to the fact I technically need help from one of my friends, due to the method with which I'm using for the actual ripping.... My friend doesn't exactly have a lot of time to be doing this, though

Anyways:
Projectiles
Projectiles
Alien Buildings
Alien Buildings
Extra Space Buildings
Extra Space Buildings

there's some of the latest Battles rips, more on the way!
Thanked by:
so, I've submitted all of the heroes from LEGO battles, excluding five...which I have some plans for

Here's three of them:
Alien Commander
Alien Commander
Captain Brickbeard
Captain Brickbeard
Classic Spaceman
Classic Spaceman

Also, as for plans:
1. lego battles - current
2. lego battles: ninjago
3. Radioactive Teddy Bear Zombies, or "RTBZ" (some vector-based sprites will experience delays because I, myself cannot render them without my own computer... But, the bosses are primarily the only sprites using vectors, nearly everything else is bitmaps)
4. details currently withheld  - big project, will be recruiting help most likely
5. same as 4

This is only my main to-do list...
I have many other rips being worked-on/planned that I'm working on/will work on pretty much, when I feel like it, these include Viewpoint (Thanks to MagmaDragoon for explaining how to rip this game) , A few Nick.com games, and a few other assorted flash games
Thanked by: Ton
Last five hero units up!

Agent Chase
Agent Chase
Ninja Master
Ninja Master
Sheriff
Sheriff
Space Criminal Leader
Space Criminal Leader
Troll King
Troll King
Thanked by:
I'm adding a new ripping project:
Pokemon Mystery Universe, or PMU

I'm definitely gonna be needing some help on this one, though...
This is one of those ones where the rip is difficult not because the assets are hard to extract, but because of the sheer number of files...

help thread:
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-27750.html
Thanked by:
Several flash and shockwave based ripping projects have been added, or even started...

I cannot say when these will get done, however...

First one I will be trying to submit asap is Monster Saga
I already have some major progress on it...

previews:

Thanked by:
I've been sidetracked...

MAJORLY...

Also did a quick little rip of some content from the Windows XP card games that haven't been ripped, far as I can tell
They are potentially subject to a certain level of inaccuracy...

I'll try to submit them tomorrow, if I remember!

sheet:

How are these?

and...
Any idea what to call it?
I'll either name it misc. or Other if nothing else comes-up
Aside from the fireworks particles and their palettes, everything is stuff from the game boards, themselves.

As for my other projects...
I'll try to get back to them.
I certainly haven't forgotten or lost them, it's just that besides getting busy or distracted, I had lost motivation to work on them due to their immense size and my laziness.

I'm off to bed like...NOW
(or after I self-email some files I DON'T want to lose)
Thanked by:
no screenshots or other images, as I'm quite busy, besides can't be bothered to get any..

The project of dumping files from the MMO i mentioned in another thread is going extremely well. I should have most of the content relatively soon. I hope.

That's everything I wish to say.
Sorry if it doesn't seem like much.
I have a pretty decent amount of content, though, so... take my word for it, I guess?
Thanked by:
Finally got some more LEGO Battles rips finished!
I was going to wait until they all were approved before posting this, but meh, screw it.
There are presently 14 more pending approval, and I'll prob just update this post when they're up.
EDIT: They'll all up, added some more icons to later part of post

Grav Runner
Grav Runner
Skeleknight
Skeleknight
Builder (Aliens)
Builder (Aliens)
Guardsman
Guardsman

Drone
Drone
Ninja
Ninja
Commando
Commando
Monkey
Monkey

It's good to be back to working on this, although my reasons for this partially are hard disk space, which went critically low last night for an unknown reason.
Thanked by: Jermungandr
I'm in the really tedious part of the ripping for this game...

Current focus is GUI/HUD elements, and then the tilesets.
(I have the latter totally ripped, and I could sheet them. However, they're not exactly ready for use in present format)
Thanked by:
I suppose I'll just list a roadmap, and de-classify two of those items, given a recent development

(09-02-2015, 12:40 AM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: plans:
1. lego battles - current
2. lego battles: ninjago
3. Radioactive Teddy Bear Zombies, or "RTBZ" (some vector-based sprites will experience delays because I, myself cannot render them without my own computer... But, the bosses are primarily the only sprites using vectors, nearly everything else is bitmaps)
4. details currently withheld  - big project, will be recruiting help most likely
5. same as 4

4. LEGO Star Wars (GBA) + LEGO Star Wars II The Original Trilogy (GBA)
5. Bionicle Heroes (GBA)

IDK when I'll get to either. Sometime soon... maybe.

I recently (like, a few months ago) emailed Matt Roszak about sprite-ripping. I didn't mention any specifics, but what I will say is that I am not focusing on normal sprite rips right off the bat. My primary focus is instead, to try improving the wiki in places where it SERIOUSLY lacks in image examples. It is after some of this is done I will shift my focus to submitting stuff here. Even then, I might not. Also worth noting is that I will not be tackling the newest games very quickly. I estimate the entirety of this project to take anywhere from several months to several years, and that's IF it sees completion at all. It also is going to be one of those projects I take long, and random breaks from due to the complexity and workload of it.

I have not forgotten about Monster Saga. I'll try to get the first of those rips up soon.

RTBZ is definitely still on the list. I just don't currently have just enough motivation to work on it. It really bummed me out when I lost my last attempt at it.

I might take a shot at some Nitrome games.

I intend to complete:
Spybotics: The Nightfall Incident
Junkbot
,and add:
Worldbuilder 1 + 2

I will try to help Shade with PMD tile rips.

There , of course, are many, many more.
Really more than I can be bothered to list.
Anything I've mentioned elsewhere, or even in this very thread, that I haven't mentioned, is still on the table or in-progress. I rarely, if ever, cancel a project. Expect some progress soon.
Thanked by:
Nice rips you got there! I noticed a little error though: the palette youre adding in the Lego battles sheet is the palette of everything loaded in the ram. The palette of the sprite is actually only one line.
For example, ive isolated the correct palette on this sheet.
[Image: qpiiekct8cd3khxzg.jpg]
[Image: w5xqva2wqod7ni6zg.jpg]
Thanked by:
(03-18-2016, 09:17 PM)daemoth Wrote: Nice rips you got there! I noticed a little error though: the palette youre adding in the Lego battles sheet is the palette of everything loaded in the ram. The palette of the sprite is actually only one line.
For example, ive isolated the correct palette on this sheet.
[Image: qpiiekct8cd3khxzg.jpg]

Actually, it's the complete set of palettes. If you play in free play mode, every palette except the white one is actually accessible. The custom ones would be more along the lines of not actuallt present, but I added those since the official figures/models would actually be the colors I used. in campaign mode, though the game chooses a particular palette for each faction.
Going from memory:
king - blue
wizard - red
pirates - red
imperial - blue
astronauts - orange
aliens - green
ally factions - vary from case to case, typically blue or green

And then in free play, you can choose any of the colors but white. (I think?) Additionally, there's an alt for each palette, because selected units and buildings have a yellow outline. I think also, one of the palettes is for when they take damage.

What I did is exported them in the color they appear in campaign mode, or sometimes the color that would make the most sense, based on the mini-figures/models. I attached the full set of palettes (fron KingColor.nclr, iirc) for anyone who might like to re-color them. In special cases, I added custom palettes. For example, the ninjas would actually typically be black. In fact, they're even black in the cutscenes.

Thought I'd labeled everything clearly?
Anyways, that should hopefully answer your questions.
Thanked by:
Hmm right right. But they still cant be all used. The ones that has a teal at the last spot cant be appropriate since it makes the outline teal.
My guesses is that those are correct then:
[Image: dmj8atjdadl3p19zg.jpg]
[Image: w5xqva2wqod7ni6zg.jpg]
Thanked by:
Yeah, that one, I think, is specifically for the collectable stud
Thanked by: daemoth