Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mr. Satoru Iwata has passed away
Sad 
[Image: SatoruIwata.jpg]

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150713e.pdf

Someone asked for this to become its own topic so I decided to make it. Thank you so much for everything Iwata. You've helped form the way I live and the way I lived.

I drew a thingy for this sad heart-wrenching occasion.

[Image: tumblr_nremawTsKh1qjbn5vo1_1280.png]
It's so saddening to see this happen. Satoru Iwata has always been my idol since long times and this news is certainly shocking.

My first game ever was Kirby's Dreamland. It's certainly been a huge influence on what I'd be and what I'd like. Back in the day I didn't care about credits and I didn't get to know more about the people behind the games I love, but now, looking back, it's because of him that I enjoyed this game, as well as Earthbound and Balloon Fight.

I think everyone has something to learn from him. He's really going to be missed.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
My God this thread making me tear a little. This actually made me pretty bummed out this evening and it's difficult to believe it has happened.

Two of my first games were Kirby games. One of those being 64. It holds a very dear place in my heart and it is still really special to me especially now. Kirby in general does. It is very special to me.

Forgive me for not having proper words.

R.I.P. Iwata.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: recme, psychospacecow
He was only 55 ...

That is so unfair.
Thanked by: psychospacecow, E-Man
Found out today. I felt so sad, I went to Miiverse to draw this:
[Image: wVyg7mO.png]
Homage to this famous piece:
[Image: Cmzok65.jpg]
Is really a sad day for Nintendo, and the Directs won't be the same without him.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
[Image: vPD5S87.gif]
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Even though I had been hearing about his health issues, I never thought that this was going to happen. I had no idea it was this severe... Sad

Iwata was one of my favorite directors/CEOs. He made some great games, he was good at programing and he always seemed like a really nice guy, especially in the Nintendo Directs. I also liked how he had Nintendo pulling out big surprises all the time, even if some things seemed a little weird at first. It really inspired me to try to show people new, unexpected things.

I always looked for his name in the credits of Nintendo games I played.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Iwata. You've done very well in your time here.
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Looks like Nintendo may need a new Pres. I was a little saddened when a cartoon character died in late November, 2013 (but happy when he was brought back three weeks later), but this is a twist I didn't expect.
The future of things to come...
NID - LDEJRuff
3DS FC - 1349-9258-6921
Switch FC - SW-6321-5752-9422
Thanked by: psychospacecow
The worst part is that the last thing he heard from his fans was the horrible reaction from this year's E3, stuff such as petitions to even cancel a game in development... and the last words from him to us were an apology for it...

fuck

Iwata put tons of man hours into programming Super Smash Bros 64, my first game ever, and Super Smash Bros Melee's release itself. Only HE revived the series for Brawl before calling Sakurai. He reprogrammed Earthbound from fucking scratch, and compressed Gold and Silver enough to allow Kanto. He's done way more than this... the guy was a legend aaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA SOMEONE HELP ME I DON'T UNDERSTAND
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
I still can't believe this happened, it was so sudden..I'm in absolute shock still..

He did so much for the company, and he was so nice, I really will miss seeing seeing him host the Nintendo Directs..

Rest in peace Mr. Iwata.
[Image: THENEWSIGNATURE.png]
Thanked by: Gwen, psychospacecow, E-Man, recme
I've been looking back on all the Iwata Asks. He was such a fun and understanding man. He was perfect as Nintendo's president.

Thanked by: psychospacecow, E-Man, recme
We've seen several famous, important people that influenced us in many ways pass away in recent years... Mr. Iwata was the last person I expected to die this decade.

It was so sudden, too...
(01-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Gors Wrote: those are really fucking classy surnames you've got there

[Image: tumblr_npvw95As6k1tzzv2wo1_540.gif]
I just don't know what to say.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by: E-Man, recme
Such an important man to so many people. 55 is way too soon, it's sad to see him go.

May he rest in peace.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
I am struck with disbelieve.

That's it. I have no words. You'll be missed, mr. Iwata.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by: