Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy 7 Remake.......
Final fantasy 7 is being remade with ps4 graphics.....................FINALLY! There only one thing that would make me nerd gasm even more, its a Ff6 remake Tongue. Well, now i have to buy a ps4...
[Image: w5xqva2wqod7ni6zg.jpg]
Thanked by:
(06-16-2015, 08:00 AM)daemoth Wrote:

pretending to go apeshit in a youtube video over video games by shouting over all your friends = guaranteed 100% 1k views on your vid

#1 remake of #1 game. can't wait to fight Hell Houses, crossdress and relive the gay innuendo-ridden bathhouse scene in 4K
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Omegajak
I'm glad it's finally getting a remake, to shut the fans up about it. FF7 itself was pretty meh for me. Nothing interesting happens until like halfway through, and the materia grinding is obnoxious. Not to mention, those long ass animations that take like 2 or 3 minutes to finish (Knights of the Round, SuperNova, etc). Final Fantasy 6 was a much better game for me.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: E-Man, senjen
(06-17-2015, 10:50 AM)Koh Wrote: I'm glad it's finally getting a remake, to shut the fans up about it.  FF7 itself was pretty meh for me.  Nothing interesting happens until like halfway through, and the materia grinding is obnoxious.  Not to mention, those long ass animations that take like 2 or 3 minutes to finish (Knights of the Round, SuperNova, etc).  Final Fantasy 6 was a much better game for me.

Is it bad that I don't care about 6 in the slightest until it get's it's Matrix chibi Bravely Default fully voice acted portable remake?
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by:
I'm all like it's not FFIX so who care.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
never played ff7, but i have heard its music. cant wait to hear remixed themes, like j-e-n-o-v-a and the level up theme
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
[Image: cB9FxMp.jpg]
In all seriousness, if this becomes a trend, I'm love it. The reason that 7 and 8 are as well represented is that they were actually designed to be on PC unlike the games before it and after. That and the presence 7 has had in the public conscience.

(06-17-2015, 01:47 PM)Gwen Wrote: I'm all like it's not FFIX so who care.

but if this does well, we might get gome sweet vivi on steiner sword attacks in hd.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by: Kosheh, Omegajak, recme
(06-18-2015, 01:39 AM)psychospacecow Wrote: [Image: cB9FxMp.jpg]
In all seriousness, if this becomes a trend, I'm love it. The reason that 7 and 8 are as well represented is that they were actually designed to be on PC unlike the games before it and after. That and the presence 7 has had in the public conscience.

(06-17-2015, 01:47 PM)Gwen Wrote: I'm all like it's not FFIX so who care.

but if this does well, we might get gome sweet vivi on steiner sword attacks in hd.

^That's what 7's remake really meant. How do people not know this or think of it first? The second III for DS happend I was all "Can't wait for 5....can't wait for 5..... CAN'T WAIT FOR FFV!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Still no V but After Years got the chibi Matrix treatment sooooooo......just a matter of time and finding voices for the rest of the cast.
Thanked by: psychospacecow
I really hate the way those 3D remakes of III and IV look. IV is best on PSP, since you get the Interlude and After Years in the same hi-res 2D style too, but the 3D remakes look like low-poly N64 games with low-res textures, and it looks fugly.
Thanked by:
I have never played a main series final fantasy but they all look like generic RPGs to me.

Is there anything unique about the game play? I know for a fact I don't care about the story.
Thanked by: E-Man, puggsoy
Well, Final Fantasy is one of the main building blocks of RPGs, so that being said it is fairly generic because that's what a lot of other RPGs of their time were basing themselves on. As for 7, it has certain elements that previous games didn't have (Limit Break system, which WAS in 6, but was incredibly vague, and the Materia System, which leveling up was a hassle), it is still a basic, turn-based RPG at heart.

I feel like you might not be into the original. As for the Remake, I have no idea whether they intend to change anything.
Thanked by:
(06-21-2015, 07:29 PM)Helmo Wrote: I have never played a main series final fantasy but they all look like generic RPGs to me.

Is there anything unique about the game play? I know for a fact I don't care about the story.

Final Fantasy isn't a choice I'd recommend to someone who's looking for serious mechanics. If I were asked what FF I'd play Game play alone it'd be Tactics. No, not anything from Advanced or A2 just Tactics.

FF's are generic. I guess one of the biggest mechanic game changes were 9-10. 11 is an MMO and 12 could be fun to you. I guess play 13? it's battle system was fun except it didn't really have anything to do with how well you understood it.
Thanked by:
Dragon Quest came before Final Fantasy, and was the major foundation for JRPGs.

You guys obviously haven't played 3 or 5, lol. They sport the job systems that allow for heavy party customization, whereas every other game has fixed character classes. 2 Was the experimental game where stats increase as they're used, and required a lot more grinding than the other FFs.

FF6 is probably the best 2D FF in terms of story, characters and overall presentation. FF5 has the most customization of the whole series, and a story that's just enough to give you a reason to go. FF4's story is decent, but you can't go into these games expecting a blockbuster, Kingdom Hearts style story. These were made in an era where gameplay was the priority, rather than making every game into a movie.
Thanked by:
(06-21-2015, 07:29 PM)Helmo Wrote: I have never played a main series final fantasy but they all look like generic RPGs to me.

it has ~ATB~, ~Active Time Battle~

Ooh~ Baby~~

[Image: VqkSMnk.png]
nut eater. LOL

That's what those bars are for next to the characters' names. You can enter commands, but the character won't attack until the bar fills. 
It's basically an "evolution" of turn-based battles in the SNES made by Square in an attempt to give battles more of a "real-time" feel. As time went on, Square made different systems to approach the same boring turn-based formula with different ideas (and, they patented each one!!)
Charge-Time Battles, Conditional Turn-Based Battles, Real-Time Battles, Active Dimensional System have popped up since and currently, the Command Synergy Battle system is the one present in FFXIII (keeps the time flow of ATB, but can only control the leader)

People on the inner nets argue though that ATB is too slow and something like CSB should be the new standard in the FFVII remake
but that would require the entire game to be rebalanced lol

me i'm just gonna stick to these platformers from my childhood but i'll just play 'em for life
* Kosheh plays DKC on his SNES
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
I can't speak directly for Helmo, but the Job and ATB systems don't seem like a big game changer to someone who approaches Final Fantasy style RPGs and doesn't find them interesting.
Thanked by: