Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
EarthBound Beginnings
http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/14/8779193...e-nintendo

It's happening!
Thanked by: psychospacecow
no crying until the end

except i started shedding tears the moment i saw itoi
[Image: hnMDWvN.png]
Needless to say, this brings hope for a proper Wii U VC release for Mother 3. Glad to see Nintendo's finally bringing this over!
Finally, god damn. And I see they're using the official unreleased translation created way back too! We need Mother 1-- I mean THE ORIGINAL Earthbound before Mother 3-- I mean Earthbound 2 can even happen over here people!
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: BullockDS, recme
I'm honestly surprised Nintendo is doing this after all the times it was emulated stateside. They could probably just not bother with it due to the frustration of this game being played illegally over the years (even thought the same could be said about Earthbound), but seeing them throw a bone like this is really big.

Considering that Nintendo is taking more steps to cater to their fans, I'm wondering what other tricks they have in store for their fans (besides the almost inevitable release of Mother 3, of course). You think they might also take certain fan projects into account if this keeps up?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: BullockDS
Well you better get all your friends who did download it illegally to buy the legit version now; I have a feeling how well this does is going to be a huge sticking point for whether they'll ever create an official translation for 3.

My guess is that it was considerably cheaper to translate Mother 1 over Mother 3, so they decided to do that one first as a test to see if translating 3 is worth the cost.

[EDIT] Actually, I just remembered that Nintendo actually already had a translation for Mother that was just never released, meaning this release probably actually cost them practically nothing.
Thanked by: E-Man, Helmo
Words are insufficient for describing the glory of this moment.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
Rumor's going around that (Japan Only) was patched out from Lucas' trophy in Smash. Can someone verify?
Thanked by:
(06-14-2015, 08:32 PM)Jermungandr Wrote: Well you better get all your friends who did download it illegally to buy the legit version now; I have a feeling how well this does is going to be a huge sticking point for whether they'll ever create an official translation for 3.

This pretty much. I feel like this is Nintendo's way of saying "Here's Some 'New' MOTHER Shit, let's see how well this actually does", though yeah - given to the thousands of times it's been pirated, if they pull a Capcom and say "if this doesn't sell four million copies you can forget about a new game in the series" I wouldn't be shocked
...or, we could wait another 20 years and they'll officially release MOTHER 3

though you never know, what if Itoi shows up during Nintendo's presentation Thursday and is like "hey guys, surprise, MOTHER 3 is comin' out here too. oh and yeah i guess MOTHER 4 isn't a bad idea either the other one keeps getting delayed so I made my own :0)"
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Pik
It's still there in the 3DS version, dunno about the Wii U one.

Also, why would it be? Lucas isn't in Mother 1, so he technically IS still Japan Only.
Thanked by:
(06-15-2015, 02:47 AM)Iceman404 Wrote: Rumor's going around that (Japan Only) was patched out from Lucas' trophy in Smash. Can someone verify?

Appears in

Mother 3                        Japan

Alt trophy

Appears in

Mother 3                        2006 (JP)

i'm not quite sure that's the news you were looking for. :/
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Iceman404
(06-15-2015, 06:17 AM)Jermungand Wrote: Also, why would it be? Lucas isn't in Mother 1, so he technically IS still Japan Only.

Read my post earlier in the thread...
Thanked by:
I'll tell you, this name is much more appealing than "Earthbound Zero" so I'm glad for that

also this game is really good. I really cried when I beat it - it was a nice mix of frustration, of emotion, of good feelings, of a wonderful adventure coming to an end. It is hard and the game is definitely aged poorly, but I think it's worth it - it's a great experience.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Pik
If they localize Mother 3, I wish it would be called The End of Earthbound.
Thanked by:
Earthbound 3: Mother
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: