The VG Resource
EarthBound Beginnings - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: EarthBound Beginnings (/thread-27285.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

EarthBound Beginnings - Ploaj - 06-14-2015

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/14/8779193/earthbound-mother-famicom-wii-u-virtual-console-nintendo

It's happening!

RE: EarthBound Beginnings - Darky's Manifestation - 06-14-2015

no crying until the end

except i started shedding tears the moment i saw itoi

RE: EarthBound Beginnings - Random Talking Bush - 06-14-2015

Needless to say, this brings hope for a proper Wii U VC release for Mother 3. Glad to see Nintendo's finally bringing this over!

RE: EarthBound Beginnings - Iceman404 - 06-14-2015

Finally, god damn. And I see they're using the official unreleased translation created way back too! We need Mother 1-- I mean THE ORIGINAL Earthbound before Mother 3-- I mean Earthbound 2 can even happen over here people!

RE: EarthBound Beginnings - E-Man - 06-14-2015

I'm honestly surprised Nintendo is doing this after all the times it was emulated stateside. They could probably just not bother with it due to the frustration of this game being played illegally over the years (even thought the same could be said about Earthbound), but seeing them throw a bone like this is really big.

Considering that Nintendo is taking more steps to cater to their fans, I'm wondering what other tricks they have in store for their fans (besides the almost inevitable release of Mother 3, of course). You think they might also take certain fan projects into account if this keeps up?

RE: EarthBound Beginnings - Jermungandr - 06-14-2015

Well you better get all your friends who did download it illegally to buy the legit version now; I have a feeling how well this does is going to be a huge sticking point for whether they'll ever create an official translation for 3.

My guess is that it was considerably cheaper to translate Mother 1 over Mother 3, so they decided to do that one first as a test to see if translating 3 is worth the cost.

[EDIT] Actually, I just remembered that Nintendo actually already had a translation for Mother that was just never released, meaning this release probably actually cost them practically nothing.

RE: EarthBound Beginnings - Kriven - 06-14-2015

Words are insufficient for describing the glory of this moment.

RE: EarthBound Beginnings - Iceman404 - 06-15-2015

Rumor's going around that (Japan Only) was patched out from Lucas' trophy in Smash. Can someone verify?

RE: EarthBound Beginnings - Kosheh - 06-15-2015

(06-14-2015, 08:32 PM)Jermungandr Wrote: Well you better get all your friends who did download it illegally to buy the legit version now; I have a feeling how well this does is going to be a huge sticking point for whether they'll ever create an official translation for 3.

This pretty much. I feel like this is Nintendo's way of saying "Here's Some 'New' MOTHER Shit, let's see how well this actually does", though yeah - given to the thousands of times it's been pirated, if they pull a Capcom and say "if this doesn't sell four million copies you can forget about a new game in the series" I wouldn't be shocked
...or, we could wait another 20 years and they'll officially release MOTHER 3

though you never know, what if Itoi shows up during Nintendo's presentation Thursday and is like "hey guys, surprise, MOTHER 3 is comin' out here too. oh and yeah i guess MOTHER 4 isn't a bad idea either the other one keeps getting delayed so I made my own :0)"

RE: EarthBound Beginnings - Jermungandr - 06-15-2015

It's still there in the 3DS version, dunno about the Wii U one.

Also, why would it be? Lucas isn't in Mother 1, so he technically IS still Japan Only.

RE: EarthBound Beginnings - Kosheh - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 02:47 AM)Iceman404 Wrote: Rumor's going around that (Japan Only) was patched out from Lucas' trophy in Smash. Can someone verify?

Appears in

Mother 3                        Japan

Alt trophy

Appears in

Mother 3                        2006 (JP)

i'm not quite sure that's the news you were looking for. :/

RE: EarthBound Beginnings - Iceman404 - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 06:17 AM)Jermungand Wrote: Also, why would it be? Lucas isn't in Mother 1, so he technically IS still Japan Only.

Read my post earlier in the thread...

RE: EarthBound Beginnings - Gors - 06-15-2015

I'll tell you, this name is much more appealing than "Earthbound Zero" so I'm glad for that

also this game is really good. I really cried when I beat it - it was a nice mix of frustration, of emotion, of good feelings, of a wonderful adventure coming to an end. It is hard and the game is definitely aged poorly, but I think it's worth it - it's a great experience.

RE: EarthBound Beginnings - TomGuycott - 06-15-2015

If they localize Mother 3, I wish it would be called The End of Earthbound.

RE: EarthBound Beginnings - Ton - 06-15-2015

Earthbound 3: Mother