Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprites
Deleted
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

I feel like the bulb should be bigger.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
The face looks a little off to me. Maybe change the mouth a little bit, but definitely make the eyes look less dead.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
Creative title you've got there, lol.

Anyway, the Bulbasaur looks pretty nice. I like the shading quite a bit, but maybe you could shorten the closest eye a bit, or add more of a hint of eyelids.

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Thanked by: Zadaben
Looking good. I like how you put ambient lighting on the back of the bulb to make it look more reflective. Makes it look fresher and more alive.
Thanked by:
The mouth looks really awkward, but I can't exactly put my finger on why. Might be the teeth. Also, the markings just above the eyes look like really weird eyebrows and it throws the whole expression off.

I do like the colours though!
[Image: 10f6z6b.png] [Image: 10f6z6b.png] [Image: 10f6z6b.png]
he's sorta standing to the left, so i suggest that you make him stand upright by shifting his waist & his whole upper body to the right. also, the arm to the right has some weird curve goin on. i guess it can look a bit like the other arm, but im not too sure it would work out.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
The back arm looks weird. Instead of wrinkles on the sleeve, it looks more like a rock formation of something sturdy. And the back hand... Kinda looks like... Never mind. Just make it look less box shaped.
[Image: rHiHaRN.jpg]
Are you still not using references? I don't see why you don't?

Go for simpler wrinkles and cleanup the jagged lines.

Uhm, his throat look like a chicken' or hen's neck thing.

For lighting, think about the surface direction (unclear definition on purpose. Try getting an intuitive idea by looking at refs.). Is it pointing toward the light (thus lit) or away (thus shaded). How much it does or doesn't affects the brightness. Given that concept, it appears that his lower jacket and legs are angling downward, or inward toward his body, which looks weird. In real life, I understand that there is some bend but the amount shouldn't be enough to cause a significant shadow.
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Are you going for a cellshaded look? I think that's the one with hard shadows and seems to be close yours. The rules remain the same, but the shading is ...well harder (steeper, significant, etc). So you can keep what you had before, but you might need to add another shade per color, maybe?

The neck-to-shirt intersection reads like a turkey's throat. The sudden spike between the collar seems to cause it.
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl