Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tabuu's Models - New Mario character model!
Shocked 
Hi! Aside from rigging existing models, I, on occasion, make my own as well.  Wink

My current WIP is the badass final boss of Tropical Freeze, Lord Fredrik the Snowmad King. He's the first project I'm taking on that I make 100% by myself: I modelled him, I am texturing him, and I will rig him and import him for Brawl, complete with custom moveset and animations!

Anyway, enough of the lip flapping, here's what he looks like as of right now:

Hidden are his Yellow / Final Smash eyes.

[Image: Screenshot79_zps9f6ab729.png]
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Discord: kold_virus
Thanked by: Mystie, eureka, TheShyGuy
Oh hey Tabuu!
Thanked by:
Looks pretty good so far!
Thanked by:
[Image: LORDFREDRIK_zpse0c3e746.png]
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Thanked by: E-Man, eureka
Hey Tabuu, I can't wait to see the animations =p
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by:
Yo Tabuu! Didnt expect to find you here too!
Has freddy's model gone right?
Thanked by:
Bump + Double post.

I whipped up a little WIP today while following (and deviating from) a proper box-modeling tutorial. I finally learned how to extrude limbs the right way.

[Image: Screenshot%20239_zpskvurqdla.png]

Thanked by: Virt, BullockDS
It's time to bump yet again. Genki ^_^

I did more progress on Rudy:

[attachment=6002]

And being unhappy with my edited K. Rool Mii costume caused me to start to produce this:

[attachment=6003]

I'm pretty happy with him so far. He has proper fingers rather than a mitten-like structure. And the body will serve as a base for all his costumes. Still very WIP.

Thanked by: BullockDS, ~DrakoRero~
So yeah, since I've left Brawl modding, I can focus on making higher-poly models. Genki ^_^

I'm revisiting my old low-poly K. Rool body base model and adding polys and details. I'm adding a few new edge loops and sculpting shapes more. As far as the actual costume models are concerned, I will redo them.

More detailed fingers and edited arms. Smile
[attachment=6618]

More detailed and better legs with a defined knee.
[attachment=6619]

I also added edge loops to his tail.

Thanked by: ~DrakoRero~
Gotta control the edgeloops more,the lack of symmetry at the knees seems odd as well.

You should be working with him mirrored, since he's symmetrical in design it'd save you a lot of time you could use elsewhere.

otherwise, keep it up.
[Image: GRU7Wpr.jpg]
Thanked by: Kold-Virus
Whoa, I sure let this die, didn't I? Surprise

I've begun work on a NEW version of the K. Rool model I posted up there. I'm actually using the DK64 geometry as a reference and am making it higher-poly and more detailed.

Body geometry is custom, but the crown is from SSB Wii U's Mii Costume, at least for now.

[Image: MW48ggi.png]

I also still have custom model plans other than this for the future.

Thanked by:
You can also use bones/shapekeys to make him non-mirrored if you wish.

The topology so far can be improved, too. Generally, it's best to make the topology consistent for higher poly models (it's very inconsistent with the tail right now, some of the segments go form really thin to wide) Use the sculpt smooth tool a bit here and there to make it a bit smoother and consistent. If that doesn't work, topology editing and edge loops can work.
I like to make models in my free time. I also make weird games, too.
Thanked by: Kold-Virus
Actually, I modelled his tail like that on purpose, it's for rigging when it's time.

Thanked by:
If you do it like that, then. It's better to have "bend points" on the model so that the area that is moving looks better with animation. usually done on legs like the example I did a few days below.

[Image: jnd1OS7.png]

As for consistent meshwork, this is probably a decent example, too. As the quads are arranged in a fashion where they are placed equally. This is actually a few stacked and manipulated 8-sided low-poly cylinders subsurfed a bit. While intense subsurfs are not recommend for models made for games, they do give clean mesh topology when applied. Which makes it easier than making a high poly mesh from scratch. (NOTE: Do not subsurf on meshes that are made from tris than quads, as it results in messier meshwork while subsurfing)

The bend point I made is actually just a quick bevel made from edge select that was edited. This emulates a knee pretty well, and is pretty much the standard for using bend points.

Generally, the part that expands more on when the armature bends the mesh should be the higher poly part, so in this case, it'd be the bottom of his tail.

I've made a quick tail mesh from extruding and scaling circles below. I beveled out the "bend points" so that they'll bend better if the tail is bent up. I did this as high poly via the same method as making the leg mesh above with applying a subsurf. Took about 5-10 mins.

[Image: KnrgugW.png]

Even being bent via an armature that has an IK applied to its bone, the overall mesh doesn't deform that bad when the tail IK is selected, and you bend the rigged model as much as possible.

[Image: 7zXhSQk.png]
I like to make models in my free time. I also make weird games, too.
Thanked by:
Wow, looks like I have a lot to learn... That was hard to read because I have no idea how that'd work. Surprise

Thanked by: