Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kirby Custom Sprites
Hello, my name is Modeling Clay and I am a Kirby Fan. This thread will be about my sprites. Most of them will probably be Kirby, but I also do Custom Pokemon Trainer Sprites.

Kookler (Bubbly Clouds)
[Image: ESinqVx.png]

Booler (Castle LoLoLo)
[Image: 3WlIjZA.png]

Chuckles (Caste LoLoLo)
[Image: qyj9UFh.png]

Any criticism and and comments would be appreciated ^w^
[Image: 8VE7DkH.gif]
Thanked by: eureka
Is it just me, or are some of these sprites a little bit pillow shaded (especially for Kookler)?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
Yeah, I just noticed. I will fix those problems tho.
Thanked by:
Well I figure welcomes are in order.

Hi im nate :0)
I like Kirby too and Hope you enjoy your stay here~
Your sprites are cool BTW Smile .
[Image: jcKgJbX.png]
Thanked by:
I fixed Kookler and Booler but, I might redo Chuckles all over again. 

[Image: cWMNjq6.png]

[Image: aC3saaa.png]

I also did Blopper (Extra Mode Enemy)
[Image: chVbm7j.png]

Any comments will be aprriciated Big Grin
Thanked by: eureka
First of all, I really like that Blopper at first glance, something about that playful style.

Something I HAVE to point out though is the fact that Booler is heavily banded.
I tried a quick edit to show you what I mean, yours is bottom and my edit is top
[Image: 0mCzVHF.png]
Try to use the other shades as some sort of blending, not as concentric layers moving into the sprite.  So in mine, I thought about trying to soften the edge on top, and kept the dark outline on the bottom as sort of a shadow from the light source, and used the 2nd darkest blue to blend that into the 2nd lightest one.  Try to look up anti-aliasing, banding, and pillowshading to try to understand some more about what this is, why it is a problem, and how to fix it.
Thanked by: Ton, eureka
Are these all official colors? Also, you'll have a better shot of stuff getting up on the site if you put them on one sheet.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: