The VG Resource

Full Version: Kirby Custom Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, my name is Modeling Clay and I am a Kirby Fan. This thread will be about my sprites. Most of them will probably be Kirby, but I also do Custom Pokemon Trainer Sprites.

Kookler (Bubbly Clouds)
[Image: ESinqVx.png]

Booler (Castle LoLoLo)
[Image: 3WlIjZA.png]

Chuckles (Caste LoLoLo)
[Image: qyj9UFh.png]

Any criticism and and comments would be appreciated ^w^
Is it just me, or are some of these sprites a little bit pillow shaded (especially for Kookler)?
Yeah, I just noticed. I will fix those problems tho.
Well I figure welcomes are in order.

Hi im nate :0)
I like Kirby too and Hope you enjoy your stay here~
Your sprites are cool BTW Smile .
I fixed Kookler and Booler but, I might redo Chuckles all over again. 

[Image: cWMNjq6.png]

[Image: aC3saaa.png]

I also did Blopper (Extra Mode Enemy)
[Image: chVbm7j.png]

Any comments will be aprriciated Big Grin
First of all, I really like that Blopper at first glance, something about that playful style.

Something I HAVE to point out though is the fact that Booler is heavily banded.
I tried a quick edit to show you what I mean, yours is bottom and my edit is top
[Image: 0mCzVHF.png]
Try to use the other shades as some sort of blending, not as concentric layers moving into the sprite.  So in mine, I thought about trying to soften the edge on top, and kept the dark outline on the bottom as sort of a shadow from the light source, and used the 2nd darkest blue to blend that into the 2nd lightest one.  Try to look up anti-aliasing, banding, and pillowshading to try to understand some more about what this is, why it is a problem, and how to fix it.
Are these all official colors? Also, you'll have a better shot of stuff getting up on the site if you put them on one sheet.