Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Duck Hunt Remake sprites (And other general sprites)
Planning on submitting these to the Resource, but thought I'd post them here first.
[Image: D9pxihy.png]

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
They are pretty good. Do you have any plans on remaking the VS. Duck Hunt sprites too?
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
There is some slightly different shade of green between his legs when walking on frame 3, 4,and 5 Wink

And it may be that I've been looking at Dream Team sprites too much, but this style is very much reminding me of them.
Thanked by: Pik
Very cool. Have you thought about doing a couple sprites with the duck perched on the dog's back like in Smash?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(10-30-2014, 07:47 AM)Deathbringer Wrote: They are pretty good. Do you have any plans on remaking the VS. Duck Hunt sprites too?

Sure! What was new in VS Duck Hunt?

(10-30-2014, 09:20 AM)Ploaj Wrote: There is some slightly different shade of green between his legs when walking on frame 3, 4,and 5 Wink

And it may be that I've been looking at Dream Team sprites too much, but this style is very much reminding me of them.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll fix the green in the next update. I see what you mean with the Dream Team comparison, since both styles have a semi-3D thing going on.

(10-30-2014, 07:11 PM)Ton Wrote: Very cool. Have you thought about doing a couple sprites with the duck perched on the dog's back like in Smash?

Hmm, that might be worth a shot later

Thanked by:
(10-30-2014, 11:14 PM)Pik Wrote: Sure! What was new in VS Duck Hunt?
http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/duc...eet/62669/

Bottom 2 rows. Granted they're at a farther perspective but you can do it at a closer perspective if you want.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by: DragonDePlatino, Pik
Aww, man! I just saw VS Duck Hunt yesterday and I was gonna mention the same thing! Here's a video, in case you're interested in seeing these sprites in action:
These are frikkin impressive! Definitely game quality.
[Image: okwksDc.png]
Thanks for the comments, and I might save the VS sprites for later.

[Image: 2014-11-03_0055.png]
Here's a start on a background

That background is beautiful! Any chance you'll be making a DH remake with this?
Thanked by:
Hey! I've got an idea! There's an NES emulator called HDNES that lets you add your own graphics to NES ROMs. I've heard that this is fairly simple to do, so a Duck Hunt remake would be feasible. Here's an example of Kung Fu running in HDNES:

As you can see, adding in extra frames of animation isn't feasible but the game runs just fine with the new graphics.
Thanked by: Ton, Pik, Crappy Blue Luigi
Aw shit, that means I can do my Kid Icarus remake too

Thanked by: recme, Virt
Hey, that's right. Do you have any updates on those?
Thanked by:
Update: How do I get this thing to work

Thanked by:
Cool! My first ever NES game!
Thanked by: