Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Daxar's Ripping Tools and Such
wfLZEx v1.0
Source code
A program for ripping images from WayForward engine .anb files (See other programs for pulling .anb files from .pak files). Tested with Shantae: Half-Genie Hero and DuckTales Remastered, and may work with other WayForward titles created around the same timeframe. Included is a WIP extractor for .wf3d 3D objects that outputs .obj files and textures (no bones/animations)

lzc_decrypt v2.0
Source code
A program for ripping images from BloodRayne: Betrayal .anb files. May work with other WayForward titles created around the same timeframe.

liTools v0.3.7
Source code
A set of tools for ripping images and data from Tomorrow Corporation's game Little Inferno and recompressing it. Some minimal, mostly-broken mod support.

MSFHDEx
Source code
A set of tools for extracting Engine Black .vol and .anim files. Tested with Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on PC, and may work with other titles that use Engine Black for 2D asset storage.

SKDecompress
Source code
An image decompressor for Shovel Knight .anb files, built against the Specter Knight DLC release timeframe.

HRMDecompress
Source code
An extractor for Human Resource Machine .pak files. Very WIP and only extracts images.

BlobExtract 3.0
Source code
An image extractor for A Boy and His Blob .anb files. Only tested against the Wii version of the game (does not work with PC assets due to endianness discrepancies)

ShantaeTex
A tool for extracting images from WayForward .tex files (A format often used for portraits, visual effects, and the like). Tested on Shantae: Half-Genie Hero and other WayForward games around that timeframe.

(Continued ripping discussion from here)

redblueyellow Wrote:So I tested some of the .anb files in A Boy and His Blob, and no files showed up in the 'output' folder. I'm assuming that means it did not work for the game.

I'll send you some of the .anb files to check, Daxar, to make sure I'm not completely screwing up.

Ok, so apparently that image of A Boy and His Blob from the BloodRayne: Betrayal files is actually just a cameo/easter egg. The games don't share much in the way of format.

Quote from the WayForward guy:
Quote:If it uses compression at all i believe that used nintendo's compressor which i could not give the source for, unfortunately
I looked into it a bit, and it looks to me like the image data IS compressed, and Nintendo's Wii formats look pretty locked-down, so unfortunately this looks like a no-go.
Oh boy, these look like interesting tools. Here's to hoping for a full Ducktales: Remastered rip on the site! Big Grin
Thanked by: Mystie
This reminds me that I still want to rip Little Inferno sprites sometime. Unless someone else decides to do it first of course (I won't stop you), but I mean it's on my list.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(07-06-2014, 01:34 AM)Superjustinbros Wrote: Oh boy, these look like interesting tools. Here's to hoping for a full Ducktales: Remastered rip on the site! Big Grin
Reminds me that I should finish up the Scrooge and Nephews sheets of mine. But I might as well re-rip the latter those considering that the older version might've had some sprite piece alignment problems.
Thanked by:
No, I didn't change the piecing logic any; just added support for new formats. If the old ones look ok, they should be fine. Of course, if they look like they have alignment problems, let me know and I'll work on a fix.
Thanked by:
Cool. can't wait to see some DuckTales and BloodRayne sprites on TSR!

(I would rip them myself, but I don't have DuckTales Remastered yet, and BloodRayne Betrayal I have on PS3)
Thanked by:
(07-06-2014, 07:20 AM)Daxar Wrote: No, I didn't change the piecing logic any; just added support for new formats. If the old ones look ok, they should be fine. Of course, if they look like they have alignment problems, let me know and I'll work on a fix.
Weird, it did seem to have changed since the last time I used the WFLZEx program, judging by how the placeholder Launchpad sprites look:

[Image: DTR_helicopter1.png] [Image: DTR_helicopter2.png]

Older on the left, newer on the right.

Of course, that might've been done in an earlier update and I didn't know. Either way it should be fine now.
Thanked by:
Huh, odd. Oh well. I reckon so long as it works now that it's all good, then.
(07-06-2014, 08:10 PM)Daxar Wrote: Huh, odd. Oh well. I reckon so long as it works now that it's all good, then.

The words of a true developer.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
No, that'd be IT COMPILES! SHIP IT!
Thanked by: puggsoy, Dazz
Smile 
What about QuickBMS?
It extract ipk files!
Thanked by:
I didn't make QuickBMS. These are just programs I myself made.
Thanked by:
hey this reminds me, with the new site do we have a giant "ripping resources" topic now ?
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
Apparently Shantae: Half-Genie Hero uses a similar compression method as DuckTales, so here's my latest version of wfLZEx: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3181...fLZEx2.zip Source code: https://github.com/meh2481/wfLZEx

And I revisited BloodRayne again also, so here's a new version of lzc_decrypt: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3181...crypt2.zip Source code: https://github.com/meh2481/lzc_decrypt
Thanked by:
Now that Half Genie Hero is released, updated OP again with wfLZEx 3.0 and what I think are the latest versions of my other programs (I went a bit too scatterbrained before with where I uploaded things, so if a program seems out of date, let me know and I'll build an up-to-date version).