Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ducktales Remastered
Neutral 
So the game Ducktales Remastered was recently released on Steam and other such things, and looking at some footage of it got me wondering if ripping from it was even possible? I've gone through some of the files and the referencing system is pretty obvious but none of my extractors seem to work on them (they're accursed .pak files). I noticed the sound archives are all .fsb files and that seems to be a slightly common format. I am wondering if anyone is intending to look into this and hopefully grab the graphics of the characters. (I'm after Glomgold's specifically, if anyone cares. And Magica's but less so.)
Thanked by:
I'd look into them if I had it. .pak files are sometimes renamed .zips (or some other archive such as .rar or .gzip), but it's just as likely that they're some obscure format.

As for .fsb, yeah that's pretty common. There should be an unpacker you can find through Google, unless of course this is a different format with the same extension.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Well the .fsb's are the typical kind, I managed to extract the music and voices (though the voices are very unorganized in naming) effectively. I have here a sample of each type of unique file that I think corresponds to each other for a set. Have a look if you wish.

Click Here
Thanked by:
Well, apparently there's a .pak unpacker available here on XeNTaX. I don't have a XeNTaX account, but someone who does (I think Mighty Jetters does iirc?) can hopefully download it and upload it elsewhere.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
I would LOVE to see this.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Got it, working on them right now.

EDIT: I got it to work, but they just result in folders with .anb files within. Any ideas?
Thanked by:
...Dammit.
Thanked by:
My sentiments exactly.

Anyway, if anyone wants to try and figure them out, here's a few...

Click Here
Thanked by: Ton
A Boy and His Blob wii uses .anb too.
I guess Wayforward may have use a modified/similar engine for this game.

If you manage to find a way to convert them, let us know Genki ^_^
I really want to rip some Boy and his Blob sprites.

Edit:
The most I can tell is it's some kind of texture format.
Thanked by: Ton
I've wanted some Boy and his Blob rips for a long time, now.
Thanked by: Ploaj
(08-15-2013, 11:23 PM)Ton Wrote: I've wanted some Boy and his Blob rips for a long time, now.

You and me both, why does Wayforward have to use such obscure file formats for such amazing games?
[Image: WwmoM3d.png]
Currently working on: working and wedding planning
Thanked by: Ton, Ploaj
Does that file include the music as well. Would love to get the Soundtrack to this game.
[Image: okwksDc.png]
Thanked by:
No, it doesn't. However the soundtrack is fairly easy to extract. Just do a web search for FSB extractor, and use the program on the 'music.fsb' file in the 'data' folder in the Ducktales Remastered installation folder. That should get you every song from the game.

Edit: And before anyone wastes their time, I've tried nearly every type of Texture Extraction that exists for running games and dumping that way. They all come up with errors. Unless I figure out how to dump them from memory like Random Talking Bush did for Awesomenauts, I have no clue as to how to get them.

Edit2: Also, figured out the engine uses 'Autodesk Gameware Scaleform' for it's graphics. Mainly since beating the game it says so in the credits. Anyway, maybe more looking into that will help...
Thanked by:
Holy crap this game's sprites are stored oddly.

[Image: DuckTalesRemastered-Scrooge2.png] inverted + [Image: DuckTalesRemastered-Scrooge1.png] set to multiply = [Image: DuckTalesRemastered-Scrooge3.png], transparency is where?
Holy crud that's...really really weird...i figured it would at least have an alpha channel or some such to define where things are. That's kinda ridiculous. Anyway, thank you for your efforts once again. It's good to see it's not TOTALLY impossible but I don't know who would be taking the time to do it like this. I mean -I- would since I...don't really have much of a life outside work and computer, but I don't know if anyone else is up to the task.
Thanked by: