Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
SSB NES The Booty Revival
I'm sure some of you remember this.

[Image: jyF7skO36s3qm.png]

It's not much, but do you think I should bring it back? It was quite fun to sprite the last time.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
holy shit i remember this and loved it. continue pls ~Heart

though, marios body is a bit too wide. maybe shrink it by a pixel or 2. and pls save it in png format, its sorta compressed. im also curious if youre actually going to make this within NES limitations
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: Iceman404
Not going for NES limitations, and Minus.com fucked it up somehow, ugh it always does this and pisses me off.
Thanked by: recme
i feel like using the yellow-ish shade for highlights on his hat and arm is too much

EDIT: also that was a great use of my 1,000th post good job me
gonna agree with crapy
the lighter shade on the hat ends up mostly just blending with the white circle even at 2x (and 2x is practically required if you want players to be able to make out his teeth)
on his arm, the lighter shade ends up looking like he's wearing short sleeves (which is totally cool by me so whatever)
maybe also outline the bottom of his chin to make that stand out better, too

I like everything else though
the attitude!
the stockiness (the width that recme said to get rid of lol)!
the strength of the pose!
yeah though, i'm going to agree with kitsu agreeing with me because i love this sprite aside from the highlights
the expressiveness of both the face and the body are incredible and i can't wait to see where you go with this, animation-wise
Maybe make his body 1 pixel thinner, and make his legs 1 pixel longer? Just a suggestion. Big Grin
Thanked by:
I won't be convinced the highlights are bad, but I did fix blending with the white circle by removing some. I made the highlight on his arm feel more natural by giving the shirt it's own shading as well. Since making his body pixels thinner ruined his pose completely, removed some from his crotch area to make his legs show more/seem slimmer.
[Image: SSBNES3_0.png?noCache=1401231819]

I guess I'll keep working on this then.
I feel like he's not red enough, he looks like his clothes are orange instead
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: Kitsu, Virt, Mystie, Vipershark, Baegal
Somewhat unrelated, but oh God I found my old threads from when I was immature and everyone was so mean and AAAAAA Sad
But my rep was like, -19 then so I guess that says something, huh.

http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-13059.html
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-15707.html
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-16447.html
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-14234-...#pid300889

And then I quit, but LET'S SEE IF I CAN GET PAST THE BIG RED GUY THIS TIME. So my question is, should I put these old things up for custom submissions? Or have standards changed? I remember people being okay with these and I would like to see them not go to waste if possible.
Thanked by:
A reputation of -13? Considering how you act now, I honestly don't see why you would ever deserve it.

I guess time has that effect, huh?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
wow, talk about a blast of ass from the past.

(08-04-2010, 08:16 PM)Cobalt Blue Wrote: iceman's spriting theory so far:

[x] humoungous amounts of contrast
[x] over AA everything
[x] brown is the universal color and everything can be shaded with brown
[x] highlights on everything
[x] if previous is checked it must be white no matter what happens.

because what do you do when someone's not listening to your criticism? you make fun of them for it! that always gets your point across and totally doesn't make them feel inadequate and resentful.

you and many other members (including me) lived through this kind of harsh feedback and improved, so it's not like it doesn't serve its purpose, but it's such a rude way of critiquing people. i'll never support it.

(ilu meta)
Thanked by: E-Man, recme, Iceman404, Garamonde
(08-04-2010, 08:16 PM)Cobalt Blue Wrote: [x] highlights on everything
[x] if previous is checked it must be white no matter what happens.

I guess old habits die hard Wink
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
You mean the one highlight in the sprite that I used on his hat, right?
And yeah, looking at those posts makes me wonder why I stuck around in the first place. In fact it makes me hate half of this forum again pretty much instantly and question my existence here entirely after the abuse I took in every thread I pretty much posted in.

But only for a second, huu huu~
Thanked by:
I will say though, mario looks orange because of the highlight. Try making a version without highlights, just to see what happens.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]