Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SSB NES 2.0
You're probably wondering what that title means eh? Well...
(01-14-2011, 03:11 PM)Iceman404 Wrote:
(01-14-2011, 01:41 PM)Sengir Wrote: Iceman! You still working on NES Smash Bros?

Actually I'm at a standstill. I just noticed how much I dislike my Mario sprite's look, and want to re-do them completely. But I'm not sure since everyone absolutely loves the Mario sprite and I always get positive reviews for it. Heck, I haven't gotten one critique about it since Day 1, but I really wanna change it.

I've decided to go with my new (and Final) Mario sprite since its clearly superior to the old one, thus forcing me to start all over (Including Megaman and some of the tilesets). Some of you may like the old one (So much that I never even got any real C+C on the base sprite), so I'll put that one up for custom submissions. Anyways, my new sprite is kinda like a reincarnation of the other one. I kept the 3/4 view, big proportions, and the chibi look to it (Basically everything I got positive feedback on). Look:
[Image: ssbnesnewmario.png]
I pretty much got my mind set on the base sprite (Since I personally love it), but any C+C for the others are welcome.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
I don't really have any crit, but these are much improved!
Thanked by: Iceman404
make sideview Mario's nose more apparent.

I for one preffered the first one but this one is good too.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Iceman404, Gwen
I can't say I'm a fan of the one pixel eye.
Everything else though I can.
[Image: DffP5jr.png]
Thanked by: Iceman404, Jdaster64
I'm a fan of the one pixel eye

[Image: Crithit.png]
[Image: Arcade_Fuhrer-290x300.jpg]
I'm really liking these. As far as style itself goes, I could see other characters in this looking really great. You're going to have to find balance with characters that are more than two heads tall though.
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Maybe they all can be two heads tall. I know samus is really tall, but she can look good in this height and style.
Any noise annoys an oyster, but a noisy noise annoys an oyster more.
Though I thought the previous sprites were fantastic, I like these new sprites much more! I can't wait to watch you as you complete your roster.

If there is any C+C i could give, I would have to comment on the side view hat. I just don't think it shows the fold well enough. However, that's the only nit I have found to pick. Good Luck!
The chin looks to be pretty long to me, otherwise I love it.

Great job, Ice.
i liked the chibi like old one
forgot to say i would suggest that you do LINK
Thanked by:
These look pretty badass!

Would be cool to have all the mario enemies in this style Smile
Heart
The fact that Mario is putting his back to you slightly when he runs to the right annoys me, but other than that, quite good.
Thanked by:
I had a look at these again and the style is super cool. Reminds me of Kirby a bit
[Image: Arcade_Fuhrer-290x300.jpg]