Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fire Emblem
[Image: GkBlbfc.png]

Started some work on Ike.

[Image: KPteTf0.gif]

Began animation. Looks a bit awkward right now, but It'll probably look better with more detail.

Though, for some reason, I can't get enough impact on the blow... Sad

Also, I know the size of the blade varies a bit per frame, I'll fix that later.
[Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
If you get a bit more windup right before the swing and also reduce the number of frames during the swing (by combining two of the frames, probably), it'll probably make it look more powerful.

Another thing is, honestly, simply walking towards the enemy and then swinging is usually reserved for like the lowest of the low classes, those tier zero recruits. If you could change his speedy little shuffle into something a bit more... "cool"?... it might look stronger.
Thanked by: Rhyme, Paladin
How about adding a startup delay along with ending recoil on the slash and when he repositions the sword?
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by: Paladin
(01-30-2014, 10:51 AM)Kitsu Wrote: Another thing is, honestly, simply walking towards the enemy and then swinging is usually reserved for like the lowest of the low classes, those tier zero recruits. If you could change his speedy little shuffle into something a bit more... "cool"?... it might look stronger.

Yeah, I think I was a bit too focused on replicating his Radiant Dawn animation, but the GBA animations are usually a bit more flashy.

(01-30-2014, 10:53 AM)TheShyGuy Wrote: How about adding a startup delay along with ending recoil on the slash and when he repositions the sword?

Thanks, I'll try that.

Your posts made me realise I have about no delay before the blow... Sad
Thanked by:
One thing that stands out to me is that there isn't a strong line of action, and the steps the character is taking feel like little tiptoes or baby-steps. more powerful actions are done with less steps in-between, and the steps in question are usually broader.
Salvador Dali Wrote: Begin by learning to draw and paint like the old masters. After that, you can do as you like; everyone will respect you.
[Image: shrine.gif]
Thanked by: Paladin
[Image: oBNQdM5.gif]

It's still not that good, but it's an improvement.
Thanked by:
Timing is really important:
[Image: peu7aAk.gif]
I just changed the duration of some of the frames, but it makes a difference!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Ok, this is what I've done so far...

[Image: nANgxpo.gif]