Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 Grimoire of the Rift
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Discuss
Thanked by:
It sucks
Nothing left to discuss
Thanked by:
I could have sworn there was already a thread about this game.

Anyway, I've played and beaten it, and the story was really weak compared to the previous game. On top of that, some of the laws were absolutely ridiculous and while they weren't usually required to be abided by, it would get irritating. Some of the new classes were neat and the cameos were cool, and the music was great, but the game as a whole lacked certain things that the first one seemed to have. It just seems like they could have made it better in some way that would have made it significantly more enjoyable to play.
Thanked by:
(09-30-2008, 09:23 PM)Sol Wrote: I could have sworn there was already a thread about this game.

Anyway, I've played and beaten it, and the story was really weak compared to the previous game. On top of that, some of the laws were absolutely ridiculous and while they weren't usually required to be abided by, it would get irritating. Some of the new classes were neat and the cameos were cool, and the music was great, but the game as a whole lacked certain things that the first one seemed to have. It just seems like they could have made it better in some way that would have made it significantly more enjoyable to play.

What it should've had was wifi. Clan wars could've been the best thing ever. >Sad
Thanked by:
(09-30-2008, 09:35 PM)Subomi~Chan Wrote:
(09-30-2008, 09:23 PM)Sol Wrote: I could have sworn there was already a thread about this game.

What it should've had was wifi. Clan wars could've been the best thing ever. >Sad
That's definitely true...I don't even think they added any sort of multiplayer battle mode, even for local wireless.
Thanked by:
I definitely enjoyed it more than the previous game. This one seemed to have more... direction; like you had the motivation to go and beat all those missions; even if it was just for Bazaar items. The missions were definitely more varied, and the Law system was much better. Not broken a law yet, and haven't had to try to hard to avoid doing so aside from strategising.
Thanked by:
The two laws that are the worst are:
-no missing
-no critical hits

A good why they suck is because you can't control them
Thanked by:
Missing you can control fairly easily. There are several class skills that don't miss, and buffs *never* miss.

This means you can buff your fencer with your White/Green mage, then cause Featherblow-rape to whatever stands in your way.

Poison and Traps can't critical, and if you charm your foe, the Crits they cause don't count.
Thanked by:
(10-01-2008, 01:27 PM)K0n9 Wrote: The two laws that are the worst are:
-no missing
-no critical hits

A good why they suck is because you can't control them
Being penalized for being robbed is also pretty stupid, especially since that law always seems to pop up when you're fighting some pretty grabby thieves.
Thanked by:
The laws suck now.
The best part of the laws in the previous game was watching (or forcing) your opponents to break them and get sent to jail. why do they only affect me now Sad

They were a fun additional layer to the strategy in ffta, now they're just an annoyance.
Thanked by:
Oh yeah, because fighing a battle with 4 team-crippling laws that sucked all strategy out of the game beyond 'have anti-law cards' was just so fun. With the risk of permenantly ruining characters if you ended up breaking them.

You might bitch about "BAWW FFTA2 LAWS ARE SO HARD BAWW", but at least if you did accidentally break one, there's not so much of a backlash.
Thanked by:
I never said they were hard. I agree they are much less severe, but they're not incorporated into the game this time, just tacked on to be annoying.
Thanked by:
I just got the game too. I just got Cid back to my party, for good.

I really hated the new territory system. I would like to be able to free the region, it's mine and over! No this stupid audition!
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
Once you win all regions in an area, they're yours for good.

You're not expected to get all regions in 1 try, for obvious reasons.
Thanked by:
I much prefer the laws here than in FFTA, really. I'd rather just lose a couple bonuses and the ability to revive people mid-battle (Which I rarely need to do, anyway.) if I accidentally break a law than be fined and have someone potentially get thrown to jail.

Most of the laws are easy enough to abide by, or at least they are to me.
Thanked by: