Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Megaman bosses (1 to 3) remastered
Thumbs Down 
well this is the remastered version of the three first megaman games so yeah not alot of things to talk Blank
[Image: 9tigtc0439o7dhxgez.png]
Thanked by:
Err... I believe this is the wrong forum.
(01-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Gors Wrote: those are really fucking classy surnames you've got there

[Image: tumblr_npvw95As6k1tzzv2wo1_540.gif]
Thanked by:
Like SchAlternate was saying, this isn't the right section of the forum. Since I assume he didn't want this to be a large scale project, he should have posted it in the Spriting and Pixel Art section instead.

Anyway, while I'm here, I think I may as well share my thoughts on these "remastered" sprites.

[Image: 9tigtc0439o7dhxgez.png]

I don't know what your definition of remastered is, but what you have does not fall under the definition of remastered. Sure, you gave them all new colors and a bit of (very unnoticeable) shading, but this is hardly enough to call these remastered sprites. If you want to make these sprites look better, how about making them a little bigger to allow for more details? Also, when you attempt to animate the sprites, try adding more frames to make the animations smoother. As for the shading, how about making your shades darker than they already are? Just don't forget to applying hue shifting and fiddle with the saturation.

With that said, though, could someone please move this topic to the appropriate board?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
i'll move this and let others go wild on criticizing your work
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: E-Man
"remastered" implies an increase in resolution/quality but these are just recolored megaman sprites. there are already better "remastered" versions of these sprites in the Megadrive game, Megaman - The Wily Wars which, incidentally, covers the first three Megaman games.

I'd suggest working with more vibrant colors in addition to drawing the sprites from scratch instead of slightly recoloring pre-existing sprites.
Thanked by: E-Man, SchAlternate, Ton