Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Favorite Launch-Title?
Question 
There has been many consoles and add-on's, but what launch(released on the first or earlier day the system is released) game do you think defined it's console/add-on the best? Super Mario World(SNES)? Sonic Adventure(DC)? Project Gotham Racing 3(X360)? Sonic CD(SCD)? Something completely different?

For me, it has to be Luigi's Mansion, Mario 64 was virtually prefect, but it didn't show the what the system could do like Luigi's Mansion(SM64 only showed what it needed to do Tongue ).

What is your pick?
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Thanked by:
(07-24-2013, 11:43 AM)Neweegee Wrote: There has been many consoles and add-on's, but what launch(released on the first or earlier day the system is released) game do you think defined it's console/add-on the best? Super Mario World(SNES)? Sonic Adventure(DC)? Project Gotham Racing 3(X360)? Sonic CD(SCD)? Something completely different?

For me, it has to be Luigi's Mansion, Mario 64 was virtually prefect, but it didn't show the what the system could do like Luigi's Mansion(SM64 only showed what it needed to do Tongue ).

What is your pick?

Launch title, huh? Well, it narrows a lot of things down, but I would say that Luigi's Mansion and the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess are my favorites.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
Luigi's Mansion is by far my favorite launch title. Hell, it's one of my favorite games.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
(07-24-2013, 12:46 PM)Kriven Wrote: Luigi's Mansion is by far my favorite launch title. Hell, it's one of my favorite games.

How about that? I have a hunch that this is going to be a very popular choice in this thread! Since it stars Luigi and tries out something new as far as the Mario games go, that game deserves a lot of respect! It beats saving a princess and stomping on turtles, that's for sure!

Even the sequel is very good! What other launch title could top that?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
Super Mario World. Played it far more than any other launch title. I've never gotten a system at launch though.

[Image: 357n7r6_zps67bc167e.gif]
Thanked by: Kriven
Forgot SMW was launch. Looks like I'll have to look at the history of launch titles to get a more comprehensive list here, since I've played just about every major league system at some point.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
SMW or Mario 64.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: BullockDS
Luigi's Mansion and Super Monkey Ball for the Gamecube.
[Image: Rrr4r.jpg]
Thanked by:
sonic 06
Thanked by:
Ignoring the obvious joke, Sonic 06 was not a launch title. Though I imagine the game has had plenty of "launching".

Thanked by:
(07-27-2013, 12:12 PM)AuraLancer Wrote: Ignoring the obvious joke, Sonic 06 was not a launch title. Though I imagine the game has had plenty of "launching".

...I don't get it.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Kriven
It's been launched...

into the trash
out the window
under a passing train.

Come up with some of your own.

Thanked by:
i thought sonic 06 was a launch title for xbox 360? o.o

regardless i was joking so w/e :V
Thanked by:
Super Smash Bros Melee, maybe? I swear I've read that that was a launch title, but I could be wrong.
(01-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Gors Wrote: those are really fucking classy surnames you've got there

[Image: tumblr_npvw95As6k1tzzv2wo1_540.gif]
Thanked by:
I haven't played any launch titles (let alone at launch) except for OoT 3D, although as far as I am (which isn't very far) it's one of my least favourite LoZ games (I'm more for the top-down handheld ones).

I'd probably say Little Inferno, if it counts. I own the PC version, but its Wii U version was a launch title for the console, and afaik the only difference is controls.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: