Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Neweegee's Sprite Topic
Hello!

This is my first time posting on this forum, I've always been a big fan of The Spriters Resource, and now that I've become a spriter, I've come here and what better to introduce myself here than to start with a complete sprite-sheet!

[Image: Red_Icon.png]

It's Red from Pokémon! I thought the original Red sprites from FR/LG wasn't too good, so I made new ones from scratch. 

[Image: Red_Sheet.png]

...Err, not much else to say here.
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Thanked by: Tom Turkey
Moved to S&PA.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Welcome to the board!

Let's get started! You're perspective of the sprites is a bit off. For example, because these sprites are more of an aerial view, there shouldn't really be that many flat parts on the sprite (unless he is a box). Your going to want to round out things like the hat, just for this reason.

Also, the profile for the sprites looks a little weird. The nose jutting out and the visible mouth, it doesn't really match the frontal shots. Get rid of the nose and the mouth and it should look better!
[Image: 8bitme_by_zapchu25-d664qdg.gif] <<< DeviantArt >>> [Image: 8bitme_by_zapchu25-d664qdg.gif]
I tried to do what you said, but I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the mouth without making it look like he's doesn't have one at all, so I changed the forward sprites a bit.

[Image: Red_Sheet1.png]

I think I've(almost) got it right.

And thanks for the welcome.
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
That looks a lot better! The profile is still a little weird. Maybe try stretching it out a little bit. Try curving his body over the pants the same way you did the hat.
[Image: 8bitme_by_zapchu25-d664qdg.gif] <<< DeviantArt >>> [Image: 8bitme_by_zapchu25-d664qdg.gif]
Thanked by: Neweegee, Tom Turkey
OK, I think I've got it right this time.

[Image: Red_Icon.png]

[Image: Red_Sheet1.png]

I've also added the riding sprites, no one can make a Pokémon fan-game without those!
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
In the second sprite of his "Look", is his head bent completely backwards...?
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
(07-15-2013, 07:09 PM)Axle the Red Wrote: In the second sprite of his "Look", is his head bent completely backwards...?

Nah, he's looking upward, but was pretty hard make him look up in when he's already at an angle, so that may be why it seems kind of weird.
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Update! Now that Red is done, I'm working on a (almost)completely different thing: Zoroark!
It's not done yet but you can tell from the sprites it's mostly based on Super Mario 3. I know some things are off like the colors but I can't seem to find/make the right colors for him.

[Image: Zoroark_Sheet.png]

So far, I just need to know if there's anything wrong with it now before I go any further.
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
The walking animation isn't very faithful to Mario 3.
[Image: MarioSuperWalkingR.gif]
Mario turns his body to the left as he takes a step, then turns his body back to the right with a reverse of the animation.
There are three frames, but the second is repeated at the end of the animation.
Yours is more like an ACTUAL detailed walking animation. If that was what you were going for, then that's good, if you're trying to match SMB3, then...
Well, have Zoroark turn his head left slightly on the second frame, with his feet spread apart, then on the third frame, spread his feet apart even more, turning his head left a bit more. The first and fourth frames have to be the idle pose, keep that in mind so that it'll flow nicely.
Thanked by: Baegal, Tom Turkey
(07-17-2013, 06:00 PM)Quotient Wrote: The walking animation isn't very faithful to Mario 3.
[Image: MarioSuperWalkingR.gif]
Mario turns his body to the left as he takes a step, then turns his body back to the right with a reverse of the animation.
There are three frames, but the second is repeated at the end of the animation.
Yours is more like an ACTUAL detailed walking animation. If that was what you were going for, then that's good, if you're trying to match SMB3, then...
Well, have Zoroark turn his head left slightly on the second frame, with his feet spread apart, then on the third frame, spread his feet apart even more, turning his head left a bit more. The first and fourth frames have to be the idle pose, keep that in mind so that it'll flow nicely.

I made the walking animation that way to take advantage of a new feature that skins could use in the Mario Fan-game I was making it for...and I'm not that good at animating. But thanks for the tip anyway.

It looks like I'm going to have to do the front and back sprites next. [Image: Luigi.png]
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Smile 
Crud, another double post...

Anyway, I've updated the sheet, and now two poses more are needed(I'll get around doing the slide one), so I need you to say which ones should they be? They are supposed to be based off of one of Zoroark's attacks, but I can't decide which would be good for a Mario(at least styled) Fan-game.
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Exclamation 
Tr-Tr-Tr-Triple Post!!!

My topic was starting to rot because I couldn't come up with anything else for Zoroark, so I decided to put Zoroark on hold until...
...I'm done with my next sprite sheet.
...my motivation comes back.

And now I'm sprite-ing something new to TSR: Tai ! from the Digimon Series

[Image: Tai_Stand_strip2.png]
(Updated to fix the leg, as pointed out by SchAlternate)

[Image: Tai.gif]

Zoom in with your Web Browser(most likely has that option) and tell me what you think so far. I'm planing on making most of his actions based on Super Mario Bros. 2.
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Looks like the left leg is wider than the right one. Not too bad otherwise.
(01-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Gors Wrote: those are really fucking classy surnames you've got there

[Image: tumblr_npvw95As6k1tzzv2wo1_540.gif]
Thumbs Down 
Update, more sprites, next I should be able to get the sprite sheet together:

[Image: Pull.gif]

[Image: Tai_Run.gif]

[Image: Ta_strip2.png]

That last sprite is him using a Digi-vice(not yet sprited).
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ