Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SchAlternate's Sprite Section of Some Sort
Well, just wanted to post some sprites here, I guess.

[Image: AtreyuAndHeracles.PNG]

They are Atreyu and Heracles (placeholder names, might change later), and they seem to be rivals. One is a human that wields a sword, the other is a scarab-like being who wields an ax, an they both use shields that cover their entire arm.

EDIT:
[Image: neo%203.PNG]

"Well, someone will eventually see this thread or something..."
(01-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Gors Wrote: those are really fucking classy surnames you've got there

[Image: tumblr_npvw95As6k1tzzv2wo1_540.gif]
Thanked by:
You could probably reduce the amount of colours used. Using less shades but more contrast could help make them look sharper (many parts look really blurry, for example the first one's face). The anti-aliased outlines you have may not work well with alternating backgrounds. Just having clean black (or dark blue/purple) outlines should be good enough.
Thanked by:
[Image: of_swords_and_axes_by_schalternate-d62f22f.png]

I did some improvements, specially on "Heracles". Removed the anti-aliasing, reduced the color count (slightly), and tried to make some parts less blurry. How does it look?
(01-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Gors Wrote: those are really fucking classy surnames you've got there

Thanked by:
For the one on the left, the eyes seem to blend in with the face.
Thanked by:
He's supposed to be bug-eyed, as he's a beetle.

Thanked by:
Pretty cute designs. I'd like to see them from another angle.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Candel, SchAlternate
Aye aye, sir!

[Image: Ateree.PNG]

Also, some cartridges and a random eyeball.

[Image: abra.bmp]

And an Abra I sprited for Pokemon Pink. But since it's been about a year since anyone posted anything in that topic, I'd be afraid to just come and put this...

Thanked by:
BUNP. 8-bit Game Grumps

[Image: NES%20Grumps.bmp]

Did this out of boredom as well:

Pretty nice Groomps. Jon looks a little small, but the colors are nice.
And I love a little messing around with tiles/sprites to make scenes. It's like having a whole bunch of action figures. What do you plan to do with it?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Well, the Generations-like map was just something I did out of boredom, and so were the Grumps.

Also, I wanted to see what an 8-bit side-scroller staring Game Grumps would look like.

ADDENDUM: Started this quite a long time ago.

[Image: hoorayimabetterspriterthancapcom.PNG]

Left: Original sprites from Megaman X6

Right: My edits (mostly erased all the pillow-shadowing)

Thanked by: Virt
I really like the Generations type background. As for the new MMX Sprites, the designs look really good. Especially Blazing Phoenix. Though I can't tell the difference between the big guy from afar.
[Image: okwksDc.png]
Thanked by:
More sprites:
[Image: Schalt%20the%20Fighter.bmp]
My persona, Schalt, in TFR style. Attacks with scarf (who's really some sort of demon).

Thanked by:
SHAZAM!

[Image: Schalt%20the%20Fighter2.bmp]
[Image: SCHALT.gif]

Still working on left arm, hence why it's static.

Thanked by:
i can understand you'd want the scarf to be visible, but it's stupid fro an idle pose

just let it stay down and wiggle a bit (no innuendo stfu), people will still get to see it during other animations
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by: SchAlternate
Shazam.

[Image: Atereee.PNG]

Thanked by: