Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario 3, revamped and extended
Basically, edited Sprite sheets of Super Mario 3 characters.

[Image: BowserAndTheKoopalingsSMB3Icon.png]
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; ....I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein
Thanked by:
I was going to say we don't do recolors, but these are pretty good edits as well. I'd have no problem taking them.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Doc Melonhead
It's not my call, but I'd put them into Sprite Discussion first so they can get some comments.

Mostly, pillow shading and bad contrasts.
Thanked by: Ton, Garamonde, Doc Melonhead
I agree with Previous. Some of them look like simple recolors.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
BJR needs work. His head is a little... little, I guess. He needs more character.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
poor contrast, pillowshading and the fact that they are in fact merely recolors.

i'm not entirely sure what would be the purpose of uploading this to the site, since we already have this.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/su...index.html
and these, while still being recolors of the nes spritesm are fairly superior. maybe only the skull bowser should be submitted, if anything.
Thanked by:
I don't know, I think these should be considered being uploaded because we'd at least have modernized sprite edits in this style but at the same time I think they can be improved.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Ton, Garamonde, Gwen
why, these look cool! SmileBig Grin
Thanked by:
I see that there's some issue with both the shading and the quality of the edits of those sprites. Would it be better if I take it apart and submit each characters separately instead of one huge sprite?

Oh, I should note that the extra poses from Bowser was based off of the sprites from the SMAS edition of the original Super Mario Bros..
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; ....I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein
Thanked by:
They're fine on one sheet. Just fix up the things noted.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
i should remark the point of them, as the sheet is now, are pretty much redundant since the super mario all star sprites are basically the same thing(smb3 sprites recolored) while being way better shaded than op.

if anything, you should submit the skull bowser since there is nothing like that on the game. its the only sprite edit thats actually worth anything on that sheet.
(11-16-2012, 12:46 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: They're fine on one sheet. Just fix up the things noted.
Just did.
(11-17-2012, 02:05 AM)Cobalt Blue Wrote: i should remark the point of them, as the sheet is now, are pretty much redundant since the super mario all star sprites are basically the same thing(smb3 sprites recolored) while being way better shaded than op.

if anything, you should submit the skull bowser since there is nothing like that on the game. its the only sprite edit thats actually worth anything on that sheet.
It really depends on personal taste; I don't see much of the details on the originals, and they didn't try to work around the color palette as much as they should. Though I might overestimate the palette limitations of the SNES.

Anyways, spritesheet been updated. Decided to edit the koopalings a bit more and fixed up the shading/palette. Also gave credits to the guys who ripped the sprites.
Albert Einstein
Thanked by:
you probably didn't intend this, but your sheet has been re-sized, most likely by photobucket, making all of your sprites blurry and aliased,
effectively destroying them and their palettes. I hope you have a backup.
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by:
The sheet looks fine to me, stitch. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/N...gsSMB3.png

I guess ctrl + F5 if necessary?
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Sevenstitch
Hmm, I keep getting a re-sized image. Must be on my end. Sorry about that, carry on.
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by: