Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SupaBuddie's Sprites
Hello! I am new and I wanted to show you my sprites!

I made a sprite of mario, my favourite video game hero!

[Image: QZMHc.png]

What do you think! All comments are welcomed! I want to become good spriter like you are! Cool
Yes, that looks a lot like Mario Tongue

all jokes aside, is that the MS Paint Vista default pallet? I'd recommend making your own colors for your sprites. The lineart is a bit wonky in some places, the shines really aren't necessary, and the anatomy is a bit off. If someone could expand on this, please do. I'm not very good at explaining things.
Thanked by:
*sonic

it kind of looks really static, like sonic dosnt really stand like that, he always has a more dynamic pose. Not tooo dynamic, but you get what im saying. Also the legs should be taller, Legs are usually longer than half the body
Also he is abnormally fat, you should change that
Hope this helps Smile
Love : Previous(2)(3), Trollerskates(2), Nicktendo DS(2), Hiynastrike, ShadeDBZ(2), Recolorme, Sevenstitch, SupaBuddie,

Thanked by:
(10-31-2012, 04:11 PM)SupaBuddie Wrote: I made a sprite of mario, my favourite video game hero!
(10-31-2012, 04:11 PM)SupaBuddie Wrote: [Image: QZMHc.png]

Alright, enough fun for me. Cute

Sonic's skin belly thing should be a bit higher. Move it some pixels.
Also, why did you make his shoes the same color of his skin if you had a white pallete?
His legs could be a bit longer and his left hand (our right) is shorter than his right hand.
Also, he is a bit stiff. Try making him more lively by exaggerating it a bit

EDIT: woah, I did not see the posts above. geez, you guys type fast!! XD
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
(10-31-2012, 04:16 PM)Torch Wrote: *sonic

it kind of looks really static, like sonic dosnt really stand like that, he always has a more dynamic pose. Not tooo dynamic, but you get what im saying. Also the legs should be taller, Legs are usually longer than half the body (yes starsock im jacking your C+C)
Hope this helps Smile
Actually the design looks more like Classic Sonic and it looks like he's trying to imitate the iconic Classic Sonic pose. He's kinda fat as Classic Sonic, too.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Baegal, Iceman404
Aw guys I'm sorry!! I thought his name was mario but now I looked wiki and it actualy is sonic, mario is that nintendo man Shy
But I did ask my brother before and he sayd mario was the name! That was mean! Sad
I'm sorry, next time I will look wiki first! SupaPromise!!

(10-31-2012, 04:15 PM)Trollerskates Wrote: Yes, that looks a lot like Mario Tongue

all jokes aside, is that the MS Paint Vista default pallet? I'd recommend making your own colors for your sprites. The lineart is a bit wonky in some places, the shines really aren't necessary, and the anatomy is a bit off. If someone could expand on this, please do. I'm not very good at explaining things.
I did make colors myself, I don't even have vista (is that the new one?), are they not good? Can you tell me how to make better colors?
Without the shines he looks somehow flat I thought. I'm not really good with anatomy, sorry!! Its so difficult! What exactly is wonky?

it kind of looks really static, like sonic dosnt really stand like that, he always has a more dynamic pose. Not tooo dynamic, but you get what im saying. Also the legs should be taller, Legs are usually longer than half the body (yes starsock im jacking your C+C)
Hope this helps Smile
No, sorry, I do not really understand or know how to make it more dynamic. Should I make him more like he is running?
Who is starsock?

(10-31-2012, 04:22 PM)recolorme Wrote:
(10-31-2012, 04:11 PM)SupaBuddie Wrote: I made a sprite of mario, my favourite video game hero!
(10-31-2012, 04:11 PM)SupaBuddie Wrote: [Image: QZMHc.png]

Alright, enough fun for me. Cute

Sonic's skin belly thing should be a bit higher. Move it some pixels.
Also, why did you make his shoes the same color of his skin if you had a white pallete?
His legs could be a bit longer and his left hand (our right) is shorter than his right hand.
Also, he is a bit stiff. Try making him more lively by exaggerating it a bit

EDIT: woah, I did not see the posts above. geez, you guys type fast!! XD
I thought they were yellow-ish, but that must have been a different character then? Maybe I should have looked at a picture! I see what you mean about the hand.

(10-31-2012, 04:25 PM)Trollerskates Wrote:

Hope this helps Smile
Actually the design looks more like Classic Sonic and it looks like he's trying to imitate the iconic Classic Sonic pose. He's kinda fat as Classic Sonic, too.
Yes, the modern sonic looks really weird, like if he took growth hormons! Makes him look nothing like hedgehog!

Thank you for your comments, they are really helpful!

I made some changes, but I am not sure.

[Image: pmfjJ.png]

Made legs a bit longer, changed arms (gave him a thumb up to make it more dynamic??), made the belly a pixel up, removed a few light spots and tried to make other colours but I am not certain if they are better.
Thanked by:
You're getting there! His legs still look a bit thick, though. Here is a reference. Make them a bit thinner around where they meet his body. By the way, I think the part in between his eyes should come down further, 'cause right now the eyes just kinda look fused together. Keep at it!
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Natis
(10-31-2012, 05:20 PM)SupaBuddie Wrote: Aw guys I'm sorry!! I thought his name was mario but now I looked wiki and it actualy is sonic, mario is that nintendo man Shy
But I did ask my brother before and he sayd mario was the name! That was mean! Sad
Er didn't you say he was you favorite hero, then how come you don't know his name.
Also for the record: how old are you?
Thanked by:
(10-31-2012, 07:24 PM)Mighty Jetaku Wrote: You're getting there! His legs still look a bit thick, though. Here is a reference. Make them a bit thinner around where they meet his body.

That is exactly what I was going to say. Also, in that reference picture look at Sonic's gloves and shoes. They have a white band above them. Also, if you can add it in there, Sonic has a small tail. I'm not sure if his arm is blocking it, but either way... Just pointing that out! Big Grin
If you like gaming and nerd humor, check me out on YouTube! [/shamelessadvertising] 

[Image: lilnatiswaveha7.gif]REF - 2[Image: lilnatiswaveha7.gif]

Thanked by: Garamonde
(11-01-2012, 09:38 AM)saifors Wrote: Also for the record: how old are you?
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(10-31-2012, 07:24 PM)Mighty Jetaku Wrote: You're getting there! His legs still look a bit thick, though. Here is a reference. Make them a bit thinner around where they meet his body. By the way, I think the part in between his eyes should come down further, 'cause right now the eyes just kinda look fused together. Keep at it!

Okay! Thank you for the image! His eyes are only one eye, haha. I once saw a comic where he had pink eyes and then kirby climbed out of his head! It was funny!! Tongue

(11-01-2012, 09:38 AM)saifors Wrote:
(10-31-2012, 05:20 PM)SupaBuddie Wrote: Aw guys I'm sorry!! I thought his name was mario but now I looked wiki and it actualy is sonic, mario is that nintendo man Shy
Er didn't you say he was you favorite hero, then how come you don't know his name.
Also for the record: how old are you?
I did know that the games were called sonic but I was not sure if he had a name? So I asked my brother and he sayd mario Cry
I was told not to give any personal information to anyone and I think its rude to ask without giving your own age!! Angry

(11-01-2012, 11:34 AM)Natis Wrote:
(10-31-2012, 07:24 PM)Mighty Jetaku Wrote: You're getting there! His legs still look a bit thick, though. Here is a reference. Make them a bit thinner around where they meet his body.

That is exactly what I was going to say. Also, in that reference picture look at Sonic's gloves and shoes. They have a white band above them. Also, if you can add it in there, Sonic has a small tail. I'm not sure if his arm is blocking it, but either way... Just pointing that out! Big Grin

you are right! I copletely forgot his socks... I bet they smell really bad because he runs so much! I was not sure about the tail because it is so short, but maybe it should poke out a little bit? Ninja

(11-01-2012, 12:20 PM)Torch Wrote: If its too much to ask., how old are you?
Who do you all want to know how old I am?? Embarassed

[Image: iA8fk.png]

I made the legs thinnier and added his socks and the things at his gloves and I tried to add a tail, but I am not sure if it is maybe a bit too low? I also worked on his eyes and changed a few other pixels and on Mighty Jetakis's image he was much bluer and mine was more purpe so I changed the colors again, is it better?

Thank you everyone who helped!!
SupaBuddie Wrote:Who do you all want to know how old I am??

To be blunt you must be at least 13 years of age to post in this forum. It's nothing personal, It's just forum policy.
If you are younger than 13, I suggest you stop posting and come back when you turn 13. This doesn't mean you
can't read the forums, but you aren't allowed to post.

A mod can explain further, just thought I'd throw out a heads up.
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by:
Why would you think that im not 13? Just because I did not know sonic name? I told you I asked my brother because I was not sure? Because there is also the green link, not zelda, and that robot samus, not metroid or the other one master chef, not halo! Or is it because my sprites are so bad? I'm new don't expect me to make super awesome sprites from the start, I have to learn first!! Sad

Talking about that 13 years rule, the forum rules say nothing about such a thing (yes I have read them)!! The agreement you have to check before registering does not say anything about it either, so you may want to add it somewhere??

But this topic is about sprites, not about you guys being mean any wanting to push people out of the forum for no reason! Gonna Puke

[Image: gD40K.png]

I mad this kirby here! (correct name this time, I looked on wiki like I mpromised! see? don't think I am a dumb kiddy!!)

What do you think? does he not look supa cute? Genki ^_^ (I just noticd you have even more smileys when you click the [get more] - wow!!)
The reason why new spriters prefer to sprite Kirby is that they think the circle tool can do their work for them. Don't rely on the circle tool so much, because it is flawed.
I must admit I am guilty of using the circle tool every now and then, but I use it either as a guide or clean up the line so it isn't jagged. I can see two jags, one in each 'corner' of his body.
Shading's okay. The contrast between shadow and midtone is good, a little hard, but it works. The highlights (the ones on his head are excusable, because they're white) are a little low on contrast. The highlights on his shoes can be lighter, though they can also be removed. The shadow is enough to give it volume, because the shoes aren't that big.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
I still think your underage, but yea.
Its just that we corrected you on a mistake you did. You don't have to get angry for no reason. I'd course we know your sprites aren't that good at the start. All of us went through the same thing. In also a begginner though,

In any case, Kirby is too blocky, try making him much more round.
Love : Previous(2)(3), Trollerskates(2), Nicktendo DS(2), Hiynastrike, ShadeDBZ(2), Recolorme, Sevenstitch, SupaBuddie,

Thanked by: