Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Help me guys......
Burger 
I wanna be the very best! that no one ever was! To sprite them is my real test! 'cuz spriting is my cause! Nuff of that...

[Image: EvilRaccoon-1.png]
See that... Rolleyes That was a piece of CARP......
Help me improve it by leaving suggestions and NOT SO HARSH critics.
Tell me what I need to improve on..... I'm really young I'm just 13 and 3 weeks so don't expect great outcomes......

-THANKS!
Thanked by:
you need to improve everything about it. but you already did great for your age. i suggest you working more on it.

please.

yours truly
a non harsh critic.
Thanked by: Baegal, recme
Try working a bit more with your perspective and posing on this sprite. You have a decent start but right now it looks like a cardboard cut-out glancing to the side

With the way you did your feet I can see where you kind of wanted to angle him, maybe try starting with angling the head the same way that you angled your body
Thanked by: EvilRaccoon9
Thanks -Bwar- and Meta! I haven't try -Bwar-'s Suggestion yet but soon will do!!
I know this is like a one by one step and it takes so long but hopefully it's better!
Changed the color of EvilRaccoon's Ninja suit, Took of he's "Mask", Replaced it with goggles...
[Image: EvilRaccoon-2.png]

Again, Please leave comments, ideas and suggestions! Big Grin
-Thanks!!!
Thanked by:
WELP it's a start. i suck at giving criticism because i'm a lousy pixel artist but i know there are a lot of talented guys around who will gladly help you out.

however
you get a bonus point because raccoons are awesome
Once there was a way to get back homeward
The biggest issue at the moment is the anatomy.
[Image: w7kby.png]
The left arm is much longer than the right. The pose is also very uncomfortable and stiff. Try standing like that. Before you start making the sprite, plan out the pose first-either on paper, or using yourself as a real life model. Now, I'm sure you're not a raccoon in real life, but the character shares lots of traits than you can use to judge: two arms, two legs, a torso, feet, a head, etc.

As for the goggles, I thought it was a bowtie. Look up reference pictures of goggles- even a white highlight can suffice sometimes. Maybe try putting them on his head like Eggman in SA2B?

If your intention is the TFR style, the shading you have on the leg is unnecessary. You also have too many colors, atm.
Try to shoot for eight colors (blackish color, white, one blue for eyes, two grays, and 2-3 browns. You can use the lightest brown for cheeks and make the goggles blue or gray. TFR style is very animated and simple.

The character design is simple and effective for the style, it just needs to work on its execution.

Also, try giving life to your lines. Right now you have straight lines and circles, really.
[Image: XaojP.png]
Both of these characters are pretty generic, but the one on the right has much more life to it than the left. Colors aren't the only thing that give a character life.

Don't give up! I joined here at around 13 also, and if I had learned anything, using your age as a crutch gets you nowhere. Don't take any of this personal, consider only the advice and critique from these posts, and use them to better your sprite and overall ability as an artist.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Baegal is right on. Your age does not limit your ability on anything.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Okay... Thanks Baegal and Mighty Jetters AGAIN..... hehehehe..... I did 11:00pm....... I didn't have anything to do but i didn't want to sleep...... But yeah, Try and try until you die! I'll try your advice! And Baegal, you got one thing wrong, I AM A RACCOON.

Leave your suggestions and comments here!
-Thanks
Thanked by:
Okay guys here's my new sprite Big Grin [Image: EvilRaccoon-3.png]
My Concerns:
>I'm Uncomfortable with the arms. I don't know why....
>The Goggles looks like a sleeping mask.....
>The pouch in EvilRaccoon's Side seems kinda wrong....
>Am I using too much color or over designing/detailing?
BUT! HE LOOKS CUTER Big Grin

leave your comments and suggestions here!
-Thanks
Thanked by:
Lets see...

Here are some issues I see:
-The Body is too squarish and stiff, It seems like a forced position and thus not looking natural.
-The length of the arms are inconsistant with each other.
-The goggles are a little out of perspective.
-The legs are also stiff and are in a forced position, so they don't look naturally fitting either.
-The feet are the same even though the legs are facing different points.
-There are also some jaggies on his head.
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

Thanked by: EvilRaccoon9
He's too stiff and squarish, smooth up the lines and put him in a more 3d perspective.
[Image: L36vL.png]
Thanks Shadow Kami and Ploaj! Oh and Ploaj, you did an Awesome Job doing EvilRaccoon...... Big Grin (feels jealous)
Anyway yeah, there's a lot of concerns and problems but I'll fix this!

Tips,Comments and Suggestions? Feel free to write them here!!
-Thanks

Okay.... Another edit.... Hopefully it looks better....... Big Grin [Image: EvilRaccoon-4.png]

Does it look better now? thanks again Ploaj for the example.... Smile

Feel free to leave comments,suggestions and tips!!
-Thanks!
Thanked by:
You're getting there, but you still have way too many colors. The brown in the top right corner is very unnecessary and barely shows up at true view.
Are the knees supposed to be bent? I can't tell.
The arms, while at a more consistent length, lack a shoulder.
your shading doesn't make much sense-even though the arm and leg are in back, they don't really need the shadow if they're in the light. If you want to keep the shadows, get rid of the shading on the other leg. It's starting to become very "bandy" (?)
Try making him hunched over. Whenever you pose like that, it's more comfortable to be hunched forward.
If you want your character to be more passive, try a pose like these:
[Image: 6rqMW.png]
Also, the "feel free to leave comments, etc." isn't really necessary. That's the purpose of this board :U
Thanks Baegal for the advice! and can I ask if this is qualified for the fighter's resource? Big Grin
[Image: EvilRaccoon-5.png]

That's the new sprite. While it seems that nothing changed, there is some changes like the decrease of colors, (as Baegal suggested) the shading of the right leg has been reduced, the left arm is slightly adjusted.
AND I added an alternate costume for EvilRaccoon! the suit is from my first attempt as you see Big Grin

please give more suggestions, It helps alot, specially children in Africa Big Grin
-Thanks
Thanked by:
...not much has been changed. 16 colors is still way too much for a sprite of that size, especially for TFR standards (they wouldn't accept you yet anyway-you need to be a well known member here for around two months).
The lighter orange on the goggles can be used for the cheeks; the darkest brown isn't necessary at all, since it's actually darker than the outline. You have a blue highlight in only 4 pixels of your entire sprite, and a darker orange in only 4.
[Image: nUQfP.png]
The one on the left is the one I edited. Only the colors have been touched. They look pretty much the same, but mine only has 10 colors, as opposed to yours, with 16.
The right arm is the one that really needs a shoulder. The arm looks really flat atm, and adding a shoulder there should help.
You have banding on the right pantleg still, and the pose doesn't look very different at all.
The shading is still somewhat inconsistent.
The left pantleg does look better. Is he supposed to be standing straight, or bending his knees?
Now that I look at it, you can probably get away with the belt type area being just a band of the darker gray-I don't think the outline or highlight are necessary.
Forget about the alt. costume for now-Worry about fixing up the first sprite atm.
Thanked by: Kami, Garamonde, EvilRaccoon9