Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Unused sprites of the Mario Bros.?
These were stored in the ROM in the middle of all of the other battle poses for the Mario Bros. (found using the currently-alpha Yoshi Magic editor). I couldn't find them on any existing sheets, but I didn't know if they were worth appending to an existing sheet.

[Image: mlss_unusedq.png]

They were right next to the poisoned and Refreshing Herb sprites, so maybe these are supposed to be Pepper effects (heavy/light, respectively)?
Currently ripping ???, Submissions: 37
Ref 1 - Ref 2 - Human Ref + Ref 3
Thanked by: Ton, Garamonde, recme
So should I add these to the battle sheets?
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
What is this Yoshi Magic editor? Does it only work for the GBA M&L games?
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
It's a project currently run mostly by one guy, and progress is slow. It's got a fair bit of functionality for editing Superstar Saga, and can view (albeit with copious errors) some maps and sprites in Superstar Saga and Partners in Time. Most of the documentation as well as all beta versions can be found at the Yoshi's Lighthouse forums.

And if you want to add those to your battle sheets, that's fine, A.J. Can't help but think I've seen at least the latter two of those sprites before, but I can't think of where.
Thanked by:
They look new to me.
Thanked by:
It'd be an amazing breakthrough if we could use that tool to rip PiT...
Thanked by:
Looks like they're trying to crap.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Gaia, recme, Miles07
(04-16-2012, 09:14 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: It'd be an amazing breakthrough if we could use that tool to rip PiT...
Wow, I didn't look at the program in much detail before; turns out that pretty much ALL of the Bros.' overworld poses, and a good percentage of other overworld objects/sprites, display perfectly in it. The battle stuff's still about 95% garbled mess, though.
Thanked by: Garamonde
The download inside the link doesn't work for me.
Thanked by:
That's weird, I got it just fine.
Thanked by:
Oh, I just had to use a different browser, what else is new?
Thanked by: Garamonde
Maybe your adblocker-plugin deactivated javascript on the site.
Thanked by:
It looks like I'd easily be able to get all of the battle backgrounds, just without animations, but how would I go about getting the overworld poses that I missed? Can really figure this thing out.
Thanked by:
I'm with you there. You could ask Charleysdrpepper how it works. Alternatively, I think the Overworld Bros. sprites start at ~1000 and the Battle ones at ~2000 in the Sprite Viewer. Unlike in PiT, most of them show up correctly.
Thanked by:
(04-15-2012, 08:33 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: They look new to me.

I agree.
Thanked by: