Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Explosions
I need to sprite some explosions. Anyone happen to have some good tutorials? I remember there are some fairly methodical ways to approach it.
[Image: untitledre6.gif]
PJ ~ Devi ~ Sheezy
Thanked by:
[Image: LwSry.png]
I threw an attempt together. Any advice?
PJ ~ Devi ~ Sheezy
Thanked by:
How about throwing some smoke in there! Smile
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
Not liking the last two frames. The first 4 look okay, but the last two look more like pieces of damp paper due to their shape. I think this is because of the regularity. Unless this is in space, the particles should drift upwards, not just expand from the centre.
Thanked by: Phantom Killah
Go play Treasure's action games and Metal Slug. All of them have explosions you can reference.

Thanked by: X Gamer 66
http://zack-sr.deviantart.com/art/Explos...l-65735280

you can thank me later.
(02-18-2012, 05:57 PM)Hoeloe Wrote: Not liking the last two frames. The first 4 look okay, but the last two look more like pieces of damp paper due to their shape. I think this is because of the regularity. Unless this is in space, the particles should drift upwards, not just expand from the centre.
I should have mentioned, this actually is in space. I'm designing sprites for a top-down shooter. Right now I need to make the player ship explode.

(02-18-2012, 07:18 PM)Jawnsunn Wrote: Go play Treasure's action games and Metal Slug. All of them have explosions you can reference.
fffff I am a huge Treasure fan and I didn't even think of this. good idea.

(02-19-2012, 12:37 AM)Meta Wrote: http://zack-sr.deviantart.com/art/Explos...l-65735280

you can thank me later.
thank u metaru :>

now I think I should do several small explosions that lead up to a big explosion. also I didn't even consider debris or smoke, derp.
PJ ~ Devi ~ Sheezy
Thanked by:
[Image: iem86.png]
damn I feel much better about this now
PJ ~ Devi ~ Sheezy