The VG Resource

Full Version: Explosions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to sprite some explosions. Anyone happen to have some good tutorials? I remember there are some fairly methodical ways to approach it.
[Image: LwSry.png]
I threw an attempt together. Any advice?
How about throwing some smoke in there! Smile
Not liking the last two frames. The first 4 look okay, but the last two look more like pieces of damp paper due to their shape. I think this is because of the regularity. Unless this is in space, the particles should drift upwards, not just expand from the centre.
Go play Treasure's action games and Metal Slug. All of them have explosions you can reference.

(02-18-2012, 05:57 PM)Hoeloe Wrote: [ -> ]Not liking the last two frames. The first 4 look okay, but the last two look more like pieces of damp paper due to their shape. I think this is because of the regularity. Unless this is in space, the particles should drift upwards, not just expand from the centre.
I should have mentioned, this actually is in space. I'm designing sprites for a top-down shooter. Right now I need to make the player ship explode.

(02-18-2012, 07:18 PM)Jawnsunn Wrote: [ -> ]Go play Treasure's action games and Metal Slug. All of them have explosions you can reference.
fffff I am a huge Treasure fan and I didn't even think of this. good idea.

(02-19-2012, 12:37 AM)Meta Wrote: [ -> ]http://zack-sr.deviantart.com/art/Explos...l-65735280

you can thank me later.
thank u metaru :>

now I think I should do several small explosions that lead up to a big explosion. also I didn't even consider debris or smoke, derp.
[Image: iem86.png]
damn I feel much better about this now