Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Animal Crossing: City Folk Models
Here is a model port of Redd from Animal Crossing: City Folk (also known as "Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City" under European region.)
The larger preview image links to the model download.[Image: previewfoj.png][Image: thumbnailq.png]
Original model by Nintendo.
Model ported by Friedslick6.
Assuming the model was imported via OpenCOLLADA:
In order to render correctly, all materials should have their "Ambient" color copied to their "Diffuse" color, and these color values should also be locked together.
Also included within this archive are several eye state textures to replace "e.0.png", and within the "*/Alternate/STGVILLAGE" and "*/Alternate/VillageTunekiti" directory of this archive are related textures extracted from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Does anyone know how to apply both a texture and a color attribute for a Diffuse tag within a .DAE model? If they can explain how or fix up this model I'll update it and post more.
Hey man, would you be willing to send me the files via PM? I've been wanting to rip from this game for a while.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Yay, more Animal Crossing models! Big Grin I like the bonus textures you included. Not really sure what the rendering information is supposed to mean, though. Is that advice for a specific modeling program?

You'll need to do some minor tweaking of the model in a text editor, though. The pathnames for the textures it tries to load are set to include the entire path as it is located on your computer instead of just the filename. It won't load properly for anyone that doesn't have their textures stored at "file:///G:/Emulators/Dolphin%20-%20Gamecube,%20Wii/ISOs/Decompressed/Animal%20Crossing%20Wii/Npc/Special/Model/fox/b0.png". Tongue
Thanked by: Garamonde
I wouldn't mind helping out with this game either.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by: redblueyellow, Garamonde
On that note, I'll be finishing up with exporting the rest of the villagers (basic, not unique) hopefully before the year's over.
(12-27-2011, 12:45 PM)Peardian Wrote: Yay, more Animal Crossing models! Big Grin I like the bonus textures you included. Not really sure what the rendering information is supposed to mean, though. Is that advice for a specific modeling program?

You'll need to do some minor tweaking of the model in a text editor, though. The pathnames for the textures it tries to load are set to include the entire path as it is located on your computer instead of just the filename. It won't load properly for anyone that doesn't have their textures stored at "file:///G:/Emulators/Dolphin%20-%20Gamecube,%20Wii/ISOs/Decompressed/Animal%20Crossing%20Wii/Npc/Special/Model/fox/b0.png". Tongue
The information I supply includes the model credits, how to render the model through a specific method (in this case through 3D Studio Max using the OpenCOLLADA import plugin,) and details on what else is included in the archive. I wouldn't need those rendering instructions if I could have the material's diffuse tags share the same colour variable of their ambient tags, and keep their texture variable. But I don't know how to do that yet, so...

Apologies for my forgetfulness, I only forgot to fix that one issue and I guess it's pretty funny. The download link for Redd has been updated to include corrected texture paths.
You can download it here or from the original post.

(12-27-2011, 12:42 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Hey man, would you be willing to send me the files via PM? I've been wanting to rip from this game for a while.
(12-27-2011, 08:10 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: I wouldn't mind helping out with this game either.
Well, send me a PM or E-mail about exactly what you want first. I'm not supplying you a whole game's worth of files, but I'd be willing to share out some .brres archives.
(12-28-2011, 01:41 AM)Friedslick6 Wrote: The information I supply includes the model credits, how to render the model through a specific method (in this case through 3D Studio Max using the OpenCOLLADA import plugin,) and details on what else is included in the archive. I wouldn't need those rendering instructions if I could have the material's diffuse tags share the same colour variable of their ambient tags, and keep their texture variable. But I don't know how to do that yet, so...
Ah, I see. I use a different program, so I don't even know you mean by ambient tags and stuff. Shy

Anyway, Redd is up!
Thanked by: Garamonde, Friedslick6
Helloooooo! Here are all of the butterflies (moths are pretty much in the same family lol)!

Bugs:

[Image: uK547.png][Image: PX7di.png][Image: iGvOF.png][Image: zoI6f.png][Image: 6SA2T.png][Image: Q1GkK.png][Image: s1QEO.png][Image: uUVbo.png][Image: sPF7L.png][Image: 0Nq33.png]

I'll be getting the beetles next!
does this game have lots of insects or something? fishes and bugs?
Thanked by:
Yes there are quite a bunch, and since no one else is doing them (that I know of) I'll be doing them all.
Thanked by:
epic!
Thanked by: Bazinga!
So... is there anyway to load these models in Blender?
I've tried importing the dae files, but I always get a missing module error.
Shouldn't there be obj files in there, too? Sorry if this is a newb question, but Blender, XNALara and PMDe are the only modeling programs I'm familiar with...
Thanked by:
sure, I've already used these butterfly in MMD for part of my destiny island custom stage. u just need the right plug in for blender
(02-06-2012, 05:03 PM)jerisenigma Wrote: Shouldn't there be obj files in there, too? Sorry if this is a newb question, but Blender, XNALara and PMDe are the only modeling programs I'm familiar with...

I did in fact include .OBJs, as well as .SMDs and .PSKs in my .ZIPs, like with all my other submissions.
Thanked by:
Well, here are those beetles I promised after 4 long months (plus the Yellow Butterfly that I somehow forgot in the previous batch, and an unused Flat Stag Beetle that I discovered):

[Image: QnH2k.png][Image: yezmq.png][Image: YIVZx.png][Image: WzGGE.png][Image: 1lx4U.png][Image: hujxh.png][Image: UcNPL.png][Image: UjgZS.png][Image: bNtDf.png][Image: yIzsW.png][Image: 8kcfp.png][Image: cEcbQ.png][Image: ByS3z.png][Image: gzV6Q.png][Image: WN914.png][Image: LA6EF.png][Image: o7KQ2.png][Image: Uq5vj.png][Image: OQe2a.png][Image: a87AS.png]

Coming up next are the rest of the flying bugs!
Thanked by: redblueyellow