Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
8 bit Nintendo fighting sprites
[Image: 2vbu6no.png]

Trying to sprite a tonne of Nintendo characters in a really simple 8bit fighting game type style. Mr. Frosty is done and Link is half done. I do not plan on making this into a game. MetaKnight's sword and Link's sword and shield are seperate sprites, which is why those characters excede the colour limit.
C+C

General idea of game (not important because game won't be made):

Every character has 3 attacks, a high, low, and special attack. Special attacks are usually ranged and have anywhere from 1 to 5 uses depending on the character, and the only way to recharge the special attack is to land a normal attack. (ie. if Link uses all of his arrows the only way to get more arrows is to get close and attack the enemy, he gets 1 more arrow use for every landed hit. Regular attacks are either strong, weak, or neutral, as are high and low blocks. So if your opponent has a weak high block it would be smart to use a character with a strong high attack. A strong block would decrease recieved damage by 90% where as a weak block would only decrease damage by 30%. There would be some kind of tag team system so that you'd pick two or three characters rather than one, allowing you to strategize.

But this is a sprite topic. Talk about the sprites.
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
Who is that after Luigi?
Thanked by:
Professor E. Gadd, I'm pretty sure.
Anyway, I don't really like any of the mugshots/portraits. There's just something about them that looks weird.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by:
It's Tingle.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
The characters there are Metaknight, Kirby, Mr. Frosty, Mario, Luigi, E. Gadd, Link, and Tingle, in order.
I guess I'll redo the mugshots later.
Thanked by:
I think the Meta Knight and Kirby mugs are fine. The rest need work. Link's especially.

It's a neat style, but why are Mario, Luigi and E. Gadd facing more to our left than the other characters? They're at a different angle.
Thanked by:
(08-21-2008, 04:44 PM)Teeks Wrote: but why are Mario, Luigi and E. Gadd facing more to our left than the other characters? They're at a different angle.

Yeah, I noticed that, but I'm having difficulty getting Mario and Luigi to look good at an angle. I'll try respriting their heads.
Thanked by:
[Image: 2ptxg7l.png]

Finished Link, redid Mario and Luigi's heads and editted E. Gadd's head. What looks better, old or new?
Thanked by:
You aren't taking advantage of your limited colors, but otherwise they're good.

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Thanked by:
(08-23-2008, 06:16 AM)pikspiksmaroator Wrote: You aren't taking advantage of your limited colors, but otherwise they're good.

I wouldn't say I'm all that good with colours...

Is old or new Mario and Luigi sprites better though
Thanked by:
Newer ones.

Also, Link has one too many colors.

Thanked by:
(08-23-2008, 10:14 AM)pikspiksmaroator Wrote: Newer ones.

Also, Link has one too many colors.

The sword and sheild are a seperate sprite, or are you talking about something else? I don't see it.
Thanked by:
Oh, okay. Sorta like Megaman, right?

Thanked by:
(08-23-2008, 10:49 AM)pikspiksmaroator Wrote: Oh, okay. Sorta like Megaman, right?

Yeah. I'm only using that technique for weapons and stuff, though. Making a character's head seperate from their body like they did in Megaman kind of feels like cheating.
Thanked by:
[Image: 143jix2.png]

started E. Gadd.

I can't think of a special attack for him
Thanked by: