The VG Resource

Full Version: 8 bit Nintendo fighting sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Image: 2vbu6no.png]

Trying to sprite a tonne of Nintendo characters in a really simple 8bit fighting game type style. Mr. Frosty is done and Link is half done. I do not plan on making this into a game. MetaKnight's sword and Link's sword and shield are seperate sprites, which is why those characters excede the colour limit.
C+C

General idea of game (not important because game won't be made):

Every character has 3 attacks, a high, low, and special attack. Special attacks are usually ranged and have anywhere from 1 to 5 uses depending on the character, and the only way to recharge the special attack is to land a normal attack. (ie. if Link uses all of his arrows the only way to get more arrows is to get close and attack the enemy, he gets 1 more arrow use for every landed hit. Regular attacks are either strong, weak, or neutral, as are high and low blocks. So if your opponent has a weak high block it would be smart to use a character with a strong high attack. A strong block would decrease recieved damage by 90% where as a weak block would only decrease damage by 30%. There would be some kind of tag team system so that you'd pick two or three characters rather than one, allowing you to strategize.

But this is a sprite topic. Talk about the sprites.
Who is that after Luigi?
Professor E. Gadd, I'm pretty sure.
Anyway, I don't really like any of the mugshots/portraits. There's just something about them that looks weird.
It's Tingle.
The characters there are Metaknight, Kirby, Mr. Frosty, Mario, Luigi, E. Gadd, Link, and Tingle, in order.
I guess I'll redo the mugshots later.
I think the Meta Knight and Kirby mugs are fine. The rest need work. Link's especially.

It's a neat style, but why are Mario, Luigi and E. Gadd facing more to our left than the other characters? They're at a different angle.
(08-21-2008, 04:44 PM)Teeks Wrote: [ -> ]but why are Mario, Luigi and E. Gadd facing more to our left than the other characters? They're at a different angle.

Yeah, I noticed that, but I'm having difficulty getting Mario and Luigi to look good at an angle. I'll try respriting their heads.
[Image: 2ptxg7l.png]

Finished Link, redid Mario and Luigi's heads and editted E. Gadd's head. What looks better, old or new?
You aren't taking advantage of your limited colors, but otherwise they're good.
(08-23-2008, 06:16 AM)pikspiksmaroator Wrote: [ -> ]You aren't taking advantage of your limited colors, but otherwise they're good.

I wouldn't say I'm all that good with colours...

Is old or new Mario and Luigi sprites better though
Newer ones.

Also, Link has one too many colors.
(08-23-2008, 10:14 AM)pikspiksmaroator Wrote: [ -> ]Newer ones.

Also, Link has one too many colors.

The sword and sheild are a seperate sprite, or are you talking about something else? I don't see it.
Oh, okay. Sorta like Megaman, right?
(08-23-2008, 10:49 AM)pikspiksmaroator Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, okay. Sorta like Megaman, right?

Yeah. I'm only using that technique for weapons and stuff, though. Making a character's head seperate from their body like they did in Megaman kind of feels like cheating.
[Image: 143jix2.png]

started E. Gadd.

I can't think of a special attack for him
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6