Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Making another Nintendo thread because they have a lot of great games coming out this holiday! (kinda wished for a Donkey Kong Land Returns)

Anyway, as you know this is the revival of the Kirby game originally announced for the Gamecube, with all new copy abilities, four players, and playable Meta Knight, Dedede, and Waddle Dee, this looks like a grand new addition to the Kirby franchise we've been waiting so long for!

New powers include:

Water Kirby
Whip Kirby
Leaf Kirby
Spear Kirby
Thanked by:
I'm psyched.

I still have to buy Mass Attack too, that game looks solid.
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
It's a mix between 64, Super Star and the advance games, it's pretty much the ultimate Kirby game.

This is absolutely needless to say but I'm getting it. Also OMG ANOTHER FACTORY LEVEL.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
I won't be getting it until the holidays because I'm broke. Luckily I make a ton of money around Christmas time.

Thanked by:
well it looks like it's more creative with some of the powers.

I just hope it's not going to be like all of the other kirby games where all you need is fire.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
power up gimmick is worthless
all I want it to be able to combine powers
Thanked by:
@master, in Kirby Super Star, I'd say that fire was far from the most useful ability (probably because fire wheel had no invincibility frames and yet was a super-close-ranged melee attack).

@Zac, I'd say combining powers is kinda worthless, too, as it usually just results in few useful abilities while most of the other combinations are plain silly and used practically only once. While one might argue, "if they do it right, it won't be a problem," but it seems like it'd be a very hard thing to do correctly, seeing KDL3 and KSqueakSquad did similar things, but had the same issues.
Thanked by:
Hm, it would take a lot of thinking but I think it can be done. Perhaps there are only a few basic powers like Fire or Ice and when you combine them you get more complex powers like Ninja or Magic.
Thanked by:
when I mentioned creativity I kind of meant that certain powers can actually be used in the environment.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Squeak Squad did it, but in a very minimalistic way, much like it did power combining.
Thanked by:
This game reminds me of the Kirby GCN game that was never released.

Thanked by:
(10-22-2011, 02:02 PM)Skink Wrote: This game reminds me of the Kirby GCN game that was never released.
Because it is.

Thanked by:
Oh! That reminds me I think you'll all find this very interesting!

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id...55d5ac3876
Thanked by:
That second one looked pretty damn nifty.
Thanked by:
Lol it's not really the Gamecube version that didn't get released, if you watch the videos for that version, it looked way different.. You could ride with 4 partners at the same time helping you out. Then they changed it to you have to have real people playing with you to have multiplayer. So not really the same but a variation..

Can't wait to get it though, I think I'm gonna wait a month or two though cause there are so many other games right now that I'd feel like playing.
Character Reference: 1 2
Love: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thanked by: