Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Spriting help/request
Hello everyone, I have been trying to rip sprites from the DS game Solatorobo but no matter what, I cant get NinUnpack to work. I try double clicking it and a window flashes and then disappears. same if i try using the run command and dragging roms onto the .exe (I've tried more than one). I know that NinUnpack is like, step one in getting sprites but i dont know what Im doing wrong... Can someone either help me figure out what Im doing wrong or point me to some sprites already ripped? Id really appreciate it!

Edit: Also, if this is in the wrong section could someone let me know? if it is ill move my questions there.
Thanked by:
Use dslazy. It's much more simple.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(10-12-2011, 01:13 PM)Dazz Wrote: Use dslazy. It's much more simple.

Well, I tried that too, but the only roms i could find are in .nd5 format, and dslazy cant open that

EDIT: Ok, so i just chnged the file extension, and i was able to extract, but i got a bunch of .ccb files that i dont know what to do with

EDIT 2: Ok well, having done a little more research ive found a program called DSDecmp4 that supposedly decompresses the files, but like ninunpack, it will only open for a second on my system, and dragging the folder over the .exe as told only either spits out an empty folder, or more .ccb files... What should I try next..? >.<
Thanked by:
You need to use command prompt, browse to the app, and then use it through that.

You're probably a bit of a young'un and not so sure about cmd, so look it up online for how to use it.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
Ok, I figured out how to do that much, but now I cant seem to find a tutorial on how to use te program itself, its talking about using commands, but i dont know how to set the directory
Thanked by:
Ok here:

Open up a command prompt window.

It'll put you in your user account folder - you then need to browse to the folder. This is done by typing "cd" and then the name of a folder. So as an example "cd Solatorobo" - if you need to get to your desktop, as soon as you open command prompt, just type "cd desktop" and it'll go to do your desktop. You can buck up 1 folder by typing "cd.."

Once you're in the folder with the program, just type in the file name. So something like "dsdecmp4" - you don't need to put the .exe on the end.
It'll then tell you how to use the program (if it was made properly) - it'll probably just be typing in "dedecmp4" and then the file name of what you want to decompress. So "dedecmp4 filename.ccb"

That should get you started.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
I can try to rip them for you Tongue
Thanked by:
For dsdecmp, it'll literally decompress it, as in will alter the original file, not create a uncompressed duplicate.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by: