The VG Resource

Full Version: Spriting help/request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I have been trying to rip sprites from the DS game Solatorobo but no matter what, I cant get NinUnpack to work. I try double clicking it and a window flashes and then disappears. same if i try using the run command and dragging roms onto the .exe (I've tried more than one). I know that NinUnpack is like, step one in getting sprites but i dont know what Im doing wrong... Can someone either help me figure out what Im doing wrong or point me to some sprites already ripped? Id really appreciate it!

Edit: Also, if this is in the wrong section could someone let me know? if it is ill move my questions there.
Use dslazy. It's much more simple.
(10-12-2011, 01:13 PM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]Use dslazy. It's much more simple.

Well, I tried that too, but the only roms i could find are in .nd5 format, and dslazy cant open that

EDIT: Ok, so i just chnged the file extension, and i was able to extract, but i got a bunch of .ccb files that i dont know what to do with

EDIT 2: Ok well, having done a little more research ive found a program called DSDecmp4 that supposedly decompresses the files, but like ninunpack, it will only open for a second on my system, and dragging the folder over the .exe as told only either spits out an empty folder, or more .ccb files... What should I try next..? >.<
You need to use command prompt, browse to the app, and then use it through that.

You're probably a bit of a young'un and not so sure about cmd, so look it up online for how to use it.
Ok, I figured out how to do that much, but now I cant seem to find a tutorial on how to use te program itself, its talking about using commands, but i dont know how to set the directory
Ok here:

Open up a command prompt window.

It'll put you in your user account folder - you then need to browse to the folder. This is done by typing "cd" and then the name of a folder. So as an example "cd Solatorobo" - if you need to get to your desktop, as soon as you open command prompt, just type "cd desktop" and it'll go to do your desktop. You can buck up 1 folder by typing "cd.."

Once you're in the folder with the program, just type in the file name. So something like "dsdecmp4" - you don't need to put the .exe on the end.
It'll then tell you how to use the program (if it was made properly) - it'll probably just be typing in "dedecmp4" and then the file name of what you want to decompress. So "dedecmp4 filename.ccb"

That should get you started.
I can try to rip them for you Tongue
For dsdecmp, it'll literally decompress it, as in will alter the original file, not create a uncompressed duplicate.