Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Verifiaman sprites
This is another attempt at custom spriting. its basically classic megaman in the style of pokemon gold/silver/crystal

[Image: megaman4directional.png]
Thanked by:
Okay, but this should be in Sprite Discussion. Moved!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
Honestly, it looks like a giant head with feet. (I know that since these Pokemon games are from Game Boy the style is minimalist, but you should at least get sure the body keeps being visible.)
I don't know about the others, but without these tags to gave to the sprites, I would never have guessed what did you tried to do.
Thanked by:
So do I shrink the head and body, or change the colors around?
Thanked by:
Shrink the helmet and make the body more visible.
Thanked by: verifiaman
I did just that. to be quite honest, it doesn't look right

[mod] Don't make attachments, upload to an online image hoster, please.
Thanked by:
Here are some enemies in which i tried to apply the same style on
The puka pucker and danger sweeper from Megaman 5, and the atomic chicken from megaman 2.

[Image: megaman4directionalenemies.png]

And also a comparison of the megaman sprites, original and edited.

[Image: megaman4directional-1.png]

Edit: [Image: megaman4directional-2.png]
Thanked by:
i'd say try something else. this is just being made in this style for the sake of it being extremely small and cheapfully easy to edit.
(06-04-2011, 05:29 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote: i'd say try something else. this is just being made in this style for the sake of it being extremely small and cheapfully easy to edit.

That, and i really like making 4 directional sprites of my favorite video game characters. It's also more of a challenge to convert most sidescrolling enemies into a style like this.
Thanked by:
Here's an example of what i mean: Hot head from Megaman 2 [Image: hothead.png]
Thanked by:
Since you are going for "mechanical" characters, perhaps you should try mimicing Bomberman's style instead.
Thanked by:
I would, but like I said, I'm trying to make side scrolling sprites into top down/ 4-directional sprites.
Thanked by:
(06-04-2011, 11:28 PM)Maneko Wrote: Since you are going for "mechanical" characters, perhaps you should try mimicing Bomberman's style instead.

(06-04-2011, 11:34 PM)verifiaman Wrote: I would, but like I said, I'm trying to make side scrolling sprites into top down/ 4-directional sprites.

Bomberman does meet that criteria in 90% of its games.

Thanked by:
(06-04-2011, 05:36 PM)verifiaman Wrote: It's also more of a challenge to convert most sidescrolling enemies into a style like this.

i have bad news for you:

it is not.

plus you are not even converting these sprites, you 're just recoloring/altering the original trainer sprites. by the time you're naming this a "topdown, 4 directional sprite" you should already had noticed your side sprites are nowhere to be topdown.
Thanked by:
No, I mean turning sprites like megaman, mario or sonic into top down sprites, like this one i did of mighty the armadillo last month: [Image: mighty.png] It doesn't look like him very much, but I've improved a little.
Thanked by: