The VG Resource

Full Version: Verifiaman sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This is another attempt at custom spriting. its basically classic megaman in the style of pokemon gold/silver/crystal

[Image: megaman4directional.png]
Okay, but this should be in Sprite Discussion. Moved!
Honestly, it looks like a giant head with feet. (I know that since these Pokemon games are from Game Boy the style is minimalist, but you should at least get sure the body keeps being visible.)
I don't know about the others, but without these tags to gave to the sprites, I would never have guessed what did you tried to do.
So do I shrink the head and body, or change the colors around?
Shrink the helmet and make the body more visible.
I did just that. to be quite honest, it doesn't look right

[mod] Don't make attachments, upload to an online image hoster, please.
Here are some enemies in which i tried to apply the same style on
The puka pucker and danger sweeper from Megaman 5, and the atomic chicken from megaman 2.

[Image: megaman4directionalenemies.png]

And also a comparison of the megaman sprites, original and edited.

[Image: megaman4directional-1.png]

Edit: [Image: megaman4directional-2.png]
i'd say try something else. this is just being made in this style for the sake of it being extremely small and cheapfully easy to edit.
(06-04-2011, 05:29 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote: [ -> ]i'd say try something else. this is just being made in this style for the sake of it being extremely small and cheapfully easy to edit.

That, and i really like making 4 directional sprites of my favorite video game characters. It's also more of a challenge to convert most sidescrolling enemies into a style like this.
Here's an example of what i mean: Hot head from Megaman 2 [Image: hothead.png]
Since you are going for "mechanical" characters, perhaps you should try mimicing Bomberman's style instead.
I would, but like I said, I'm trying to make side scrolling sprites into top down/ 4-directional sprites.
(06-04-2011, 11:28 PM)Maneko Wrote: [ -> ]Since you are going for "mechanical" characters, perhaps you should try mimicing Bomberman's style instead.

(06-04-2011, 11:34 PM)verifiaman Wrote: [ -> ]I would, but like I said, I'm trying to make side scrolling sprites into top down/ 4-directional sprites.

Bomberman does meet that criteria in 90% of its games.

(06-04-2011, 05:36 PM)verifiaman Wrote: [ -> ]It's also more of a challenge to convert most sidescrolling enemies into a style like this.

i have bad news for you:

it is not.

plus you are not even converting these sprites, you 're just recoloring/altering the original trainer sprites. by the time you're naming this a "topdown, 4 directional sprite" you should already had noticed your side sprites are nowhere to be topdown.
No, I mean turning sprites like megaman, mario or sonic into top down sprites, like this one i did of mighty the armadillo last month: [Image: mighty.png] It doesn't look like him very much, but I've improved a little.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5