Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Atari Style Sonic Sprites
[Image: atari_10.png]

Not really the best.
Wanna See Some of My HD Sonic 4 Sprite Rips?

Then Click Here.
Thanked by:
No, no. I'm sorry, no. This just a lazy excuse of yours to spend five minutes on a sprite so you can have a sheet submitted. Do not hide behind the excuse that, "It's an Atari sprite, so it's not the best". Make an actually detailed sprite of sonic and shadow and then post. This should be locked in my opinion.
[Image: seeeegaaaaaaa.gif]

SEEEEEEGAAAAAAAA!

If you want to start with a simple style, try Gameboy. Atari is far too limited.
Thanked by:
(11-16-2010, 05:31 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: Make an actually detailed sprite of sonic and shadow and then post.

Really?Atari isn't detailed.Look,I didn't really expect this to get in TSR,I just felt like doing this.

Then Click Here.
Thanked by:
(11-16-2010, 05:38 PM)Smash-Aholic Wrote: Really? Atari isn't detailed. Look, I didn't really expect this to get in TSR, I just felt like doing this.

I love how you ignored,

Me Wrote:Do not hide behind the excuse that, "It's an Atari sprite, so it's not the best".

because your doing it again. If you just felt like just doing it then why did you even post it here without expecting C&C? Oh and space between your sentences please. It's aggravating me to the point that I fixed it in your quote.

[Image: seeeegaaaaaaa.gif]

SEEEEEEGAAAAAAAA!

Thanked by: BynineB
(11-16-2010, 05:31 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: No, no. I'm sorry, no. This just a lazy excuse of yours to spend five minutes on a sprite so you can have a sheet submitted. Do not hide behind the excuse that, "It's an Atari sprite, so it's not the best". Make an actually detailed sprite of sonic and shadow and then post. This should be locked in my opinion.

(10-23-2010, 08:10 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: After playing KEY, I loved it's art style and decided to sprite it. I think it should be submitted now but wanted some opinions formed first before I got to more complex animations with it.

[Image: c0ecfd1e2a923c88cd39b7c4491a2bbb.gif]

[Image: key_kirby_sheet_1.png]

Should it be thicker? Smaller? Bigger? Tell me.
yeah, you're one to talk about hipocresy.
(11-16-2010, 05:31 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: This just a lazy excuse of yours to spend five minutes on a sprite so you can have a sheet submitted.

First of all, he never said he was submitting it.
This isn't in Submissions.
So don't start with your condescending tone if you're going to be an idiot.

He's not technically doing anything wrong.
These are custom and he has every right to post them.

I'd also like to point out that you've posted:
-A Tsutarja trace
-A Victini trace
-A shitty edit for Yarn Kirby
-A poor Kart edit for Boo
-A poor Kart edit for a Koopa

Yeah, these totally took hours.

(11-16-2010, 05:42 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: If you just felt like just doing it then why did you even post it here without expecting C&C?

You aren't giving the sprite C+C.
You're telling him his sprite style choice is stupid.

(11-16-2010, 05:31 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: This should be locked in my opinion.

Or not, because there's no reason to.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by: Ngamer01, DioShiba, Cshad, Marth
Actually, I really like this. Quite readable, considering how limited everything is. Well done, keep it up. =)
Heart
Thanked by:
how do you give crits on an atari sprite
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by:
make the zoom smaller and fix the pixel size ratios.

edit: aside from that, there's not much for us to C+C as it's way too simple and it doesn't show your techniques completely. I suggest doing a more detailed stuff.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Iceman404
(11-16-2010, 05:26 PM)Smash-Aholic Wrote: [Image: atari_10.png]

Not really the best.
I suppose the description of "PIXELY" is out of the question?

[Image: SonicMuseumNoBG.png]
Thanked by:
am i really the only person bothered by the fucking HALF PIXELS on shadow
this utterly pointless and it doesnt even follows the atari graphical restrictions.

if op needs to add something useful to this thread, drop me a pm and i'll reopen again. otherwise this is not going anywhere.
Thanked by:
(11-17-2010, 06:56 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote: if op needs to add something useful to this thread, drop me a pm and i'll reopen again. otherwise this is not going anywhere.

But I'm not submitting it,its in Pixel Art.
I don't know what made you think I was expecting them to be somewhere.

Then Click Here.
Thanked by:
ok let me put it this way instead:

do you even know the atari's graphical restrictions? if you do, would you share them with us?
Thanked by: Iceman404